Carry at work.... - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry at work....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My job forbids them. Even on property. Ky state law makes it illegal to tell you you can't have them in your vehicle. I drive 270 miles one way to work.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #12

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
There's usually other options. I'm sure it didn't say anything about wasp spray or those big ol' mag lights etc.

Congrats on the job btw
Thanks brother, today was my first day, it went really well.

I dont need no stinking alternate weapon, ive got two guns that stay with me 24/7 :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #13

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

I dont need no stinking alternate weapon, ive got two guns that stay with me 24/7 :-)
Lmao! Congrats again Wray.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #14

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

Lmao! Congrats again Wray.
Thanks bro, i already feel healthier :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #15
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Thanks brother, today was my first day, it went really well.

Lol ........

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #16

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Not necessarily. Having the firearm on the property could be a felony.
Depends on the state.... In Florida, you may have a firearm in your car except in very few exceptions: Schools (including colleges) and prisons come to mind. Our laws forbid employers from discriminating against anyone having a gun in their car.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

That's why I said could. It depends where you work and your state and even possibly city.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49
The bedrock of our society is rule of law.

Just as in your house - your rules, and I respect that.

An employer of a private business has the right to set the rules, and you have the freedom to respect his rules or leave.

If there is an expressed policy of no firearms on the work premises, then I would not carry at work. The parking lot is another situation entirely. Many states have recently enacted laws that prevent an employer from prohibiting firearms from their parking lots, and that may apply to your location.

My CCW is important to me. I don't go anywhere without my firearm, and I'd hate to jeopardize my future ability to carry by doing something careless that I might regret. I even disarm just to drop a piece of mail in the Post Office. It's silly, but I didn't make the rules. I know, people say "concealed means concealed," but I'm not taking the chance.
Good point. Iowa is a right to work state. I guess you have the right to carry at work...they have the right to no longer need your services.

I was jealous of other members' freedom to carry at work, and more or less hoping that state signage laws applied the same for employers.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmac View Post
Good point. Iowa is a right to work state. I guess you have the right to carry at work...they have the right to no longer need your services.

I was jealous of other members' freedom to carry at work, and more or less hoping that state signage laws applied the same for employers.
every state has different laws as to what an employer may do in regarding possesion of a firearm on company property. in Texas, they consider your vehicle an extension of your home in reference to the Castle Law, so therefor i carry a pistol with me everywhere.

check your state laws regarding firearm carry and see what they stipulate as in those laws.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #20

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Read the policies on my new job lastnight, it states that firearms are prohibited on the premises.
BTW, congrats on the new job.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation