Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry without Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I carry a pistol in my pocket w/no holster. I've been doing this for years. I have a pocket holster, and it's OK. I just prefer not to use it.
What do you carry in the pocket?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2228 Times on 1383 Posts
Likes Given: 14840

I've been carrying a G36 and would not do so without a holster. I know many people that Mexican carry and that's fine but not me.The only way I would think about without a holster is not to chamber a rnd..

Old 04-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
What do you carry in the pocket?
Kel Tec P3AT, and sometimes my 5 shot NAA .22 Mag Derringer

Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I would not recommend carrying without a holster. It can be done, and I have done it a few times while I was waiting for my current holster to arrive in the mail. I always felt like it was going to fall down my pants (which would be quite awkward) or I thought I was going to have an accidental discharge from having to check it so often.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 AM   #15
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 691 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I do it sometimes if I'm going to be real quick in and out then back home. It's awkward though and sometimes I worry it's noticeable even though I've checked in the mirror and it doesn't seem to be.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I've carried my Kimber or P229 many times ala Magnum P.I. in the waistband at the small of the back. But like notdku, only when its just a short trip around town or something. Don't have any problems with it at all.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 04-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

It depends largely on what types of safety devices your pistil has. I don't think it would be a problem with my xd, but I don't carry a round chambered either.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I carry 2 guns daily without holsters. I carry my DAO "pocket" pistol in .45acp Mexican carry IWB with the aid of a clipdraw, and my backup, a Ruger LCP in my front pocket. Both are well concealed and secure.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #19

I just looked at the clipdraw website and they look great. I live in a climate where the summers are extremely hot and humid. I kind of worry about not having a holster to protect my firearm when I'm sweating like crazy in the summer in shorts and a T-shirt. Does anyone who uses a clipdraw, or carries "Mexican" without a holster, notice accelerated corrosion on thier handgun due to excessive sweat? I have a Glock 19 and a SA XD9 sc that I'll carry for CCW. This is more of a question about these guns' finishes I suppose than about the clipdraw itself, but I'm curious what others' experiences are.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleKing View Post
I just looked at the clipdraw website and they look great. I live in a climate where the summers are extremely hot and humid. I kind of worry about not having a holster to protect my firearm when I'm sweating like crazy in the summer in shorts and a T-shirt. Does anyone who uses a clipdraw, or carries "Mexican" without a holster, notice accelerated corrosion on thier handgun due to excessive sweat? I have a Glock 19 and a SA XD9 sc that I'll carry for CCW. This is more of a question about these guns' finishes I suppose than about the clipdraw itself, but I'm curious what others' experiences are.

Thanks!
Surely you won't carry a round in the chamber in a Glock without something covering the trigger!?