Carry in a vehicle in SC ?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry in a vehicle in SC ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Carry in a vehicle in SC ?

First off I do not have my CWP (yet). I know I can carry my I gun in the car in a closed compartment. My question is does it have to be unloaded or not?
Might have to retread the law one more time, but I'm looking for another opinion.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #2

Looks like it can be legally carried loaded. The law appears to be very specific about the acceptable locations. Here are a couple of useful links discussing legalities of traveling with a firearm.

Gun Laws and Travel Guide
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USRVCarCarry.pdf

Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #3

Cool, thanks for the info. It pretty much confirms what I thought I knew. It pretty much seems for SC and any other state Ima be in.Use some common sense, and inform the officer if ya get pulled over, and it's all good.
Plus it has the rest of the states too. I'm gonna have bookmark that or download it on my computer.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #4

Good to know, I happen to be from SC as well