carry in theatre? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > carry in theatre?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I'm going to see skyfall tonight. Is it legal or advisable to carry in a movie theatre? After aurora I'm almost scared not to.
Let's see, Theatre. Hmmm. THEATRE....

What part of CONCEALED DON't you understand ?!?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 474 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Originally Posted by potentialglock

I'm going to see skyfall tonight. Is it legal or advisable to carry in a movie theatre? After aurora I'm almost scared not to.

Its as well we didn't think like that here or we would never have left the house.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #43

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

People have the right not to want you to carry a firearm on their property just like you have to carry one. If you don't like it don't go unto their property. What makes you think you are right and they are wrong. ?
Funny thing about people in this forum, they think if they have a carry permit they can do whatever they want. Like, if no one knows you have it then everything is ok. Wrong answer, just obey the law and the property owners wishes.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8579 Times on 4953 Posts
Likes Given: 11135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Funny thing about people in this forum, they think if they have a carry permit they can do whatever they want. Like, if no one knows you have it then everything is ok. Wrong answer, just obey the law and the property owners wishes.
I was reading through this thinking pretty much the same thing, and then it hit me. This reminds me of several conversations (all of which ended up getting locked down) on the subject of illegal immigration and I contend that if an illegal immigrant's only crime that they have committed is having entered this country illegally that does not necessarily make that person a criminal of the same level as others who are here illegally and committing crimes beyond illegal entry.

I would equate the guy carrying into the theater with their concealed firearm in defiance of the posted signs to the otherwise law abiding illegal immigrant and then equating the Aurora shooter to the illegal immigrant who is a gangbanger who is cooking meth, raping children and committing burglaries etc..

You don't punish the former criminal with the same severity as you do the latter one.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #45

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I was reading through this thinking pretty much the same thing, and then it hit me. This reminds me of several conversations (all of which ended up getting locked down) on the subject of illegal immigration and I contend that if an illegal immigrant's only crime that they have committed is having entered this country illegally that does not necessarily make that person a criminal of the same level as others who are here illegally and committing crimes beyond illegal entry.

I would equate the guy carrying into the theater with their concealed firearm in defiance of the posted signs to the otherwise law abiding illegal immigrant and then equating the Aurora shooter to the illegal immigrant who is a gangbanger who is cooking meth, raping children and committing burglaries etc..

You don't punish the former criminal with the same severity as you do the latter one.
Thank you, finally someone with some common sense.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #46

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock
So if there's a sign posted and if I get caught what would happen? Jail time or just a fine?
Here's the thing. If you're carrying concealed, it shouldn't matter. Nobody should know the gun exists, except for you, and the bad guy you're about to shoot!