Carry Purchase - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I just ordered my first holster. I got lots of feed back about Crossbreed and I tried a friends and really liked it. Same friend know a guy that started making similar ones, and he has had good feed back with them. Bonus is they are only $40 - $50 so for my first it should be a good trainer. Brand is in Orlando, FL called Parker Holsters.

http://www.parkerholsters.com

Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #22

If you are new to guns at all id highly recomend taking a safety course. Or if you have any friends that are really into guns that can assist you and teach you that would be good. Id highly recomend what i do any time i get a new gun. I read the manual front to back at least 5 times i then laern how to tear it down to the point i can do it with my eyes closed. Not that i would. But i bet you i could. Now with my xd .45 i can have it torn all the way down and reasembled five time before my cuzin can tear down his cz. I guess what im trying to say is know your gun inside and out and how to properly use it and safely use. Good luck. And i hope you find the right gun you like. Everybody is different. Take care and be safe.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #23

Thanks Redteck215,

Yes I have taken a safety class, but want to take more. I did finally purchase a Glock 26 this week.
Thanks for the tips. Do they sale a tool kit for Glocks to help with the little pins? I will have to look it up.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #24

Im not real familiar with glocks but if your talking like set pins invest in brass non maring sets and the hamer just a cheap light wait craftsman is all you really need. I meab your not gonna beat the gun with a hammer. As far as tool kits im sure somebody does somewere. Id check out brownells.com, midwayusa.com or google.com bing or whatever search engine you like. Im personally saving up for some tactical pistol and concealed pistol classes were its hands on training. I mean i know my gun well but you can never know it too well. Plus i wanna be a smith someday so i gotta learn my stuff.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is only 1 Glock tool you need to purchase. It has the pin punch to tear your Glock down only as far as you will ever need to. You can find it at any Glock website store for about $10. If you plan on carrying this weapon concealed, then steer clear of the drop in trigger mods to decrease the trigger pull force. I know several people that have made that mistake and luckily haven't shot themselves or anyone else by having an accidental discharge due to their new hair trigger job. You have good taste and a fine weapon with many varieties of holsters, springs, guide rods, etc... The best thing to do is practice, practice, practice! If something doesn't feel right, then you can modify what you need to enhance your grip, sights or accuracy. Congrats and remember not to put anything in front of the barrel that you don't intend to destroy! ENJOY!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #26

Got Advantage Tactical sights this weekend, and also got Vicker's Extended slide and magazine release in the mail. Ordered a Parker Holster so I hope the Advantage sights are not to tall for the Holster. If they are I will get the MePro sights I guess.

image-1700260125.jpg

image-1291305264.jpg

Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #27

Got my Parker Holster in the mail today. Very excited. AND it seems to fit and work good with my also new Advantage Tactical sights.

image-716242721.jpg

image-4079387298.jpg