Carry holster for m&p 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry holster for m&p 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Carry holster for m&p 45

Hey all, I just applied for my cc permit. I just need to get fingerprinted. But I need a holster for carry. What do you suggest? As the title says, I have an m&p 45. Any help is appreciated!

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #2

crossbreed supertuck deluxe if you are going IWB

Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #3

I'm looking for either IWB or OWB. Which is better/more comfortable? I suppose IWB is probably a better idea because people wont gaulk at the fact you are carrying.

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry mine in a Don Hume IWB holster most of the time. Great fit and wears well (been using the holster for over three years). I also have a HighNoon shoulder rig my kids bought for me last Christmas. It is a truly easy way to carry but requires a jacket to cover (a unbuttoned shirt isn't enough).

I like leather holsters, I tried a plastic pancake holster but found it uncomfrontable. As I see it a good holster is as important as the pistol you carry. If it's a pain to carry you might not carry as often as you should. A leather holster takes a little time to break in but after that it fits you well and like carrying you car keys or cell phone becomes a habbit.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #5

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

If you have the time and can wait for a true artisan to make you a real English leather hand blocked and boned holster check out my holster maker, Andy Arratoonian of Horseshoe Leather Products in Ripon England.

Covert model 28: High ride, FBI cant and C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E! It's worth the wait!

Holsters by Horseshoe Leather

A good carry belt is as, if not more, important then the holster!

Do Not scrimp on the belt! A good belt will make a sub-standard holster tolerable!

Visit Jim Speidel's site; Gun Belts by The Belt Man he comes well recommended.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #6

I would also like input on some gun belts as well if y'all have any.

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #7

Just thought I'd throw in an update. Went to the local gun shop and he had some holsters in. I got a Tagua black leather holster, OWB. It's nice and comfortable. I'm sure it'll get better as I break it in.

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs