Carry earplugs with your CWP? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Carry earplugs with your CWP?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGnature
I will recommend that you discuss this with a qualified and experienced professional trainer to get an expert's opinion which would carry more weight than mine.
For this question, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask a criminal defense layer too.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #52

Quote:

Everybody is free to choose their strategy. There's a ton of information available to all of us. Some of that information is available from professional trainers and some is available from people's opinions.

I'm not a professional trainer, so you can take my input as just another opinion.

My goal in posting the responses I did was only to be helpful as I see misinformation posted on these types of forums frequently and I hope we're all here for the same purpose -- to try to help eachother -- to learn from eachother.

Carry earplugs. Don't carry earplugs. I've obviously said my piece.

I will recommend that you discuss this with a qualified and experienced professional trainer to get an expert's opinion which would carry more weight than mine.
Not sure how my one-liner post prompted a lecture, but ... thanks? ... I was simply pointing out that Marthor was the "OP" you were referring to in that post of yours I quoted.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post
Not sure how my one-liner post prompted a lecture, but ... thanks? ... I was simply pointing out that Marthor was the "OP" you were referring to in that post of yours I quoted.
Sorry, man, didn't mean to come off as a lecture to/at you ... was just responding to the fact that it was the same guy

Old 12-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #54

Quote:

Sorry, man, didn't mean to come off as a lecture to/at you ... was just responding to the fact that it was the same guy
No worries. Wasn't intending to get in the middle of your conversation.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #55

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Dude, I'm not trying to be an !!!hole,seriously but I swear I can't think of any other way to put this. Carry a set w/you keep a set on your nightstand . If you have time to use them great . I won't loose sleep however you handle it. But I damn sure wouldn't have them hanging around my neck when the police show up.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #56

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

To each their own....thats all that i can say.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #57

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
For this question, it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask a criminal defense layer too.
AND keep him on retainer

Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #58

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Generally if you have time to think about or put in ear plugs uts a bad idea to shoot, you could have hauled ass

Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #59

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 767

if im ever in a SD situation,earplugs will be the last thing i'm worrying about.

now if something like a SHTF situation breaks out & bullets are flying like politicians B.S. & i dont have a pair of ear plugs with me? i smoke,so i'll just break off a couple of cig.butts & hope i dont have to smoke'em if i got'em

Old 12-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #60

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Trust me save the smokes you'll need them after you finish