Carry clothing - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Carry clothing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Luckily, I am retired so I can dress 'comfortable' & still conceal very well (we aren't allowed any leeway on printing, here in Texas). I learned in the army, many years ago, that a t-shirt or undershirt does not mean 'hotter' in hot weather, in fact it's actually cooler if 100% cotton. I also found out that untucked shirts do not have to be the "hawaiian" flavor. The 'loose fitting' part helps with the heat & much more comfortable, to me, than the snugger fitting type. Plain old khakis or jeans are plenty comfortable & also cooler (I refuse to provoke ridicule from people by wearing shorts ).

The real ease of concealment comes not only from the size/weight of the pistol, but from the gear it's carried in. A proper holster & maybe more important, a proper belt are essential. Just my .02 worth.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
Luckily, I am retired so I can dress 'comfortable' & still conceal very well (we aren't allowed any leeway on printing, here in Texas). I learned in the army, many years ago, that a t-shirt or undershirt does not mean 'hotter' in hot weather, in fact it's actually cooler if 100% cotton. I also found out that untucked shirts do not have to be the "hawaiian" flavor. The 'loose fitting' part helps with the heat & much more comfortable, to me, than the snugger fitting type. Plain old khakis or jeans are plenty comfortable & also cooler (I refuse to provoke ridicule from people by wearing shorts ).

The real ease of concealment comes not only from the size/weight of the pistol, but from the gear it's carried in. A proper holster & maybe more important, a proper belt are essential. Just my .02 worth.
Sounds familiar. A black T shirt underneath an untucked dark colored button down short sleeve dress type shirt with a significant geometric pattern on it works every time. Never see the print and I carry a 5" 1911 daily, plus a Comp-Tac double mag on the weak side. Even in 90+ degrees and high humidity of Houston I feel fine, and am definitely well armed.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A reasonably normal-looking lightweight shirt, unbuttoned over a T-shirt, can pretty well conceal a gun carried at 5 o'clock. Even a fairly big gun. If the gun has a relatively short grip, <= 5 inches, it won't poke out in the back and "print" thru the shirt.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
(we aren't allowed any leeway on printing, here in Texas).
Is there a new law? 46.035 only says that we only commit an offense if we intentionally fail to conceal the gun. This should not include printing or accidental exposure.(like when reaching the top shelf at the grocery store and your shirt rides up)

How can they prove our intent to "print" the gun?

I'll agree that it is not a good idea to print. BGs see it and some LEOs don't know the law very well or don't like the idea of civilians carrying guns.

I buy my cargo shorts a little large to accomodate IWB carry and t-shirt and have no problems concealing. For church, since I tuck my shirt in, I pocket carry an LCP. I feel a little underpowered, but it beats throwing rocks.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I like North Dakota's statute, which reads IN PART:

62.1-04-01. Definition of concealed.
A firearm or dangerous weapon is concealed if it is carried in such a manner as to not be discernible by the ordinary observation of a passerby. There is no requirement that there be absolute invisibility of the firearm or dangerous weapon, merely that it not be ordinarily discernible. A firearm or dangerous weapon is considered concealed if it is not secured, and is worn under clothing or carried in a bundle that is held or carried by the individual, or transported in a vehicle under the individual's control or direction and available to the individual, including beneath the seat or in a glove compartment.

From North Dakota Century Code.