Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Card carrying!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Card carrying!

My CCW came in Friday afternoon, picked it up yesterday morning. 34 days from submission to receipt, if anyone in Maine is curious. I was told 6 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised. The wife and I are lucky, our town processes apps themselves, no need to sit in the State Police queue for 100+ days.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1475 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
My CCW came in Friday afternoon, picked it up yesterday morning. 34 days from submission to receipt, if anyone in Maine is curious. I was told 6 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised. The wife and I are lucky, our town processes apps themselves, no need to sit in the State Police queue for 100+ days.
I like the local approval for concealed carry. Here in NC the local sheriff approves CCP. The deputies here will let people slide on weapons charges if no one gets hurt but don't ask for a carry permit after they let you slide.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It does seem to speed things up. I've heard horror stories about folks in the less organized towns who have been sitting in the State Police pile for half a year. The only real holdup for local approvals is the clearance from the two mental hospitals in the state. One blasts through inquiries in a day, the other sits on them for weeks.
Our town has top-notch LEOs.