caracal - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > caracal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
It was not a few caracals It was first off ,every caracal shipped to the usa at least then another that covered many of the c models so any bought for private parties take time to contact caracal usa to be sure your was in for service.
Wrong. Go to their website and click on the recall tab. It was certain c models with slide batch numbers between xxx and xxx. I contacted them with the numbers of my c model before they announced the batch numbers.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #12
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Google or Bing on recalls for a specific brand of handguns.

An example:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=caracal+recall&qs=n&form=QBLH&pq=caracal+ recall&sc=2-14&sp=-1&sk=

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #13

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Wrong again before the last recall every caracal was recalled for trigger issues. Or should have been. Then the last recall with the frame recall covered most of the original lot in country pistol but that coverd of the C models. When MY C went back for the recall there was not 400 of them here . Waaay less and the second recall came very soon after the new pistol started to go out again. It took them 6 months to start getting replacements back to owners . I let them buy mine back .

If your was not part of ether recall then there simply later very recent models but take time to be darn sure it not a replacement pistol.

Last edited by hardluk1; 09-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #14

Mine is a Waffen Werks marked Caracal C and the serial number starts with a C and is numbered under 500. I registered my gun with them and even called in my info when I heard about the recall and still have yet to hear from anyone at Caracal USA. I did notice that the Caracal USA website is down too. Sent them an email wondering what's up.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

New recall notice:
http://www.caracal.ae/new/highlights.php#news24

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #16

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

lead slinger Mine was a waffen works too and it was on the first recall. Ever one was. So better talk to someone.

Wow amother recall. I liked my C but glad they bought it back. I don't have a problem with finding an issues and having it fixed but nothing bugs me more than recall after recall.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
lead slinger Mine was a waffen works too and it was on the first recall. Ever one was. So better talk to someone.

Wow amother recall. I liked my C but glad they bought it back. I don't have a problem with finding an issues and having it fixed but nothing bugs me more than recall after recall.
Well, you were right. I apologize for saying you were wrong. I talked to them through email and they told me that every C model is recalled now with no fix available. I called them on Wednesday and they are buying it back off of me. I think I'm going Glock this next go around. Glock 23 to be exact.