Car Storage - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Car Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

sorry, I didn't realize it was old until i posted my bit. Happy holidays!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Even if the thread is old, new info can help someone. I always thought it was better to post to an old thread than it was to have 42 threads on the same subject.

When there is no other way around it I use a pair of handcuffs to secure my revolver in the car.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #13

I keep my Mossberg 590 under the seat.And put my 1911 in the same place whenever i go in the post office,court house,wherever.

Springfield TRP
Mossberg 590
Krav Maga

Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

While you can avoid some businesses, the need to enter some establishments may be necessary, and may even preclude carrying illegally, such as government buildings with magnetometers. Also, many of us are employed for companies that do not recognize the right to carry a firearm for personal protection.

So is the choice that we either leave a gun in our vehicle on occasion, or abdicate our right to carry altogether for any trip that might lead us to a "gun free" zone? Sometimes that is the choice, and we hope that we are not the unfortunate victim of an auto burglary. One thing you can do is to make yourself ugly to auto burglars. Do not have gobs of expensive stereo equipment, or leave items of value in plain view. The same way you conceal your firearm, you should also conceal your purse/laptop bag/cell phone/bucket of spare change. Make the interior or your vehicle a barren wasteland that isn't worth the risk to a criminal. And if you can't do that, then don't also leave a gun in the car.

I really like the idea of console vaults and truck vaults. A handgun safe fixed in your trunk might also work well. The financial cost would be burdensome to many, but the an illegal gun on the street can result in the ultimate cost.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 01-22-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by john55555 View Post
This may not be the fastest way to retrieve it in a hurry, but its safe and thief-proof.
Nothing is thief-proof.
If you can install it, Noah Kount can un-install it. Don't rely on a cable lock. Most car thieves and prowlers carry bolt cutters. They take the lock box to a remote, safe (for them) place, where they have time and power tools to disassemble the box. If you must use a lock box, bolt the box to the frame of the car / truck. That might slow them down, or cause them to steal the whole car / truck.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved