Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Car Storage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/car-storage-2531/)

Chong 11-02-2007 03:38 PM

Car Storage

Does anyone use a "car seat holster" or some kind of special holding device in their vehicle rather than the good old glove box?

firebrand45 11-03-2007 01:15 AM

When I am not actively carrying, I slip it into the split between the seat on my right side, butt foward for a crossdraw.

Varro 11-14-2007 12:15 PM

All my vehicles have a driver's side open compartment on door for an easy reach...I tried the overhead compartments; don't like them as well....
With the increased frequency of "road-rage", I'm starting to "up-size" my calibers....:)

pioneer461 11-14-2007 09:56 PM

Please don't store a firearm in a car. Cars are not secure, and any hype breaking glass for your stereo becomes an armed hype.

The best place to carry a pistol while driving, is on your person. If you crash and / or have to get out in a hurry, chances are you're going to have to go back for your gun.

henryk 11-21-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneer461 (Post 11809)
Please don't store a firearm in a car. Cars are not secure, and any hype breaking glass for your stereo becomes an armed hype.

The best place to carry a pistol while driving, is on your person. If you crash and / or have to get out in a hurry, chances are you're going to have to go back for your gun.

Makes good sense to me. Storing and carrying are two different things but in a car only carrying makes sense.

mortpes 01-06-2008 03:55 AM

Occasionally I do have to leave the gun in the car for short periods, when I visit a restricted area. I use a thick security cable and lock. Someone would have to use some real heavy tools to remove the gun.

matt g 01-06-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortpes (Post 13745)
Occasionally I do have to leave the gun in the car for short periods, when I visit a restricted area. I use a thick security cable and lock. Someone would have to use some real heavy tools to remove the gun.

Most thieves carry bolt cutters.

Righteous 01-06-2008 11:38 AM

I always have my XD on me but i carry a ruger 44 blackhawk in glove box and aint lotta room to put it elsewhere

john55555 12-19-2010 10:14 PM

when I need to keep a handgun in the car and I can't keep it on me, I usually put it in a biometric fingerprint safe I have in my trunk every now and then. I just bought a new one a few months ago from ebay, for only 109.99. The listing is under 'Biometric Fingerprint Gun Pistol Safe keyless new NIB' if you are interested. :D This may not be the fastest way to retrieve it in a hurry, but its safe and thief-proof.

fixxer 12-19-2010 11:50 PM

You realize this thread was 2 years old right?