Can't Carry at Work - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Can't Carry at Work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Thanks brother - That is why I CARRY.

There was once a movie line that went something like "Not on my watch".

I firmly believe in the responsibility of someone with a skill set such as ours, to look out for those that are less knowledgable and probably Liberal in nature, because at the end of the day, innocent is still innocent and Evil is still Evil.

JD
That might be one way to turn aliberal into a believer

Layton

Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #12

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
That might be one way to turn aliberal into a believer Layton
Yea, and a good mugging would go a long way in their conversion!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[QUOTE=canebrake;128581]Yea, and a good mugging would go a long way in their conversion! [IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv314/1911canebrake/icons/cowboy.gif[/IMG

Oh! you mean training them in the art of self defence? Mugging is against the law, training is not.

Layton

Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #14

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

[QUOTE=layton;128601]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Yea, and a good mugging would go a long way in their conversion! [IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv314/1911canebrake/icons/cowboy.gif[/IMG

Oh! you mean training them in the art of self defence? Mugging is against the law, training is not.

Layton

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikingdad View Post
So, I have a job where I cannot carry at work and I realize that carrying will never become part of my "new life" if I don't pack everyday. So, I'll have to leave it in the car at work. Luckily, the area is secure, but in actuality, I shouldn't even have it on the premises. I also have kids in college and who is a teen that play sports in parks. So, no carrying in either place there. So, how do you properly secure the weapon in the vehicle? I really don't think the box with the cable is secure as the cable can be cut. I considered buying or building a real metal box to house the weapon in while it is parked in the vehicle and it would be permanently affixed to the floorboard with bolt through the floor. Any other options? Any real box suggestions? Or, should I just leave the weapon at home?
You might consider a Titan Gun Vault. If the mounting plate could be securely mounted in your vehicle it's more secure than a cable, yet still gives you the ability to move it from vehicle to vehicle, or into your house. We have two, normally bedside, but we can also mount one in our camper.

Here's the Titan info.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 07-22-2009, 03:12 AM   #16

A vault within my car would do me no good - I am employed at a nuclear power generating station, and company policy is NO firearms on company property (which is the only place to park) AND every car entering the plant's property is subject to a thorough search (at random). The good news is that my work site is guarded by the most vigilant, heavily-armed civilian force I've ever seen, and the power station is located in the boonies, so I have no concerns about personal safety while at or near work.

So what to do? Anyone got any other idea short of parking in the next zip code and walking the 2 miles to/from the plant every day? My current plan is simply to keep my firearm at home during the work week, which kind of sucks but is better than living in NY where I need a "reason" for my right to bear an arm.

That's why my wife took the class and is also getting her CCW permit. She is a stay-at-home mom, and can use my XD for her protection while at home during the day. I plan to augment our armory with a CCW weapon for her while she's out and about, probably a .38 hammerless snubnose revolver, which was recommended for her by our handgun class instructor.

Still don't know nuthin', but I'm a-learnin!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #17

Default Securing Pistol in car and elsewhere

Versa Mount Pistol Safe Vault

bought one of these, comes with 2 adaptor plates for securing safe . Really secure, with settable push button mechanical combination lock.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:10 AM   #18

I too cannot carry at work - and it's a major no-no to have a gun in your car in the parking lot. However, there have been times that I have forgotten (quite honestly) that there is one in the glove compartment.

There's no cure for stupid.