Can You Really Hide It? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Can You Really Hide It?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I carry several different glocks in the same style IWB holster and like said before with the right wardrobe you. Can conceal anything. I'm not a large man 5'9 155 lbs and I can carry my G22 in the summer with a t shirt and have very little to no imprint. I can carry my G36 with no imprint at all. Just need to experiment to see what works!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I am not a large man, 5-8, 170, (a little gutt) and I have no problem carrying a full size 1911 without printing, even in 100 degree days that are the norm here in summer. You just have to adjust your clothing. Of course I can't wear a tight tee shirt, but a baggy tee, especially a dark colored one works fine. I also wear square cut button up cotton shirts. As much as it goes against my sense of style, I will also wear print shirts that I actually think are tacky. (as does my wife)

I don't consider it a terrible burden to have to dress for carry. The .45 on my hip makes up for it with the comfort it provides.
Exactly how I dress in Houston in the summer. A t shirt between me and my 5" 1911 and a loose cotton button up shirt over that. Something with a pattern to break up outlines is a requirement. Even my friends who know I carry at all times never make it out unless told. Stylish it ain't but that was never my forte anyway.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A double-stacked semiauto can be a fairly easy piece to hide. What makes a handgun "print" is a long grip, more than a long barrel. You can wear a shirt that is long enough to cover the barrel, but if the height of the piece is more than about 5" or 5 1/4 " the butt will be noticeable thru your shirt. Some good guns for concealment in hot weather are CZ 2075 RAMI, Para Warthog, Taurus PT-940, Taurus "Millenium Pro", e.g., PT-111, PT-138, PT-140, PT-145, etc. A revolver generally has more length/height than a semiauto with the same barrel length. However, a .38 snubby can be OK. Also the Charter Arms Bulldog and Bulldog Pug models, .44 SPL with 2 1/2" barrels and relatively short grip frames.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #24

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I have had my Texas CHL for 15 years now, and have carried my fair share of concealed handguns. As many have stated before, it is mostly about your clothing choices. I curently am wearing a square cut cotton button up shirt, 511 kaki pants and a Glock 23 in a crossbreed supertuck, and nobody has ever told me they can see it. I have worn the same set-up with a full sized 1911.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #25

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Any of my larger pistols (1911s or G17) can be carried IWB around the 4 o'clock position. The natural curvature of the body helps to avoid printing... BUT it's not ideal for quick draw situations, nor is it ideal if for some reason you fall hard on your back.

Personally, IWB around 3 o'clock seems more natural, but does require that I dress with either loose clothing or an outer garment.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Here in South Florida it's summer all year.

When it comes to hot weather I had to switch to a pocket pistol. (Ruger LCR) It's the only way to carry when wearing a bathing suit and flip-flops.

Any time I am wearing a belt I carry my Browning Hi-Power in a Tommy Theis IWB Holster and it works well.

I agree with Chris, if wearing just a tucked in t-shirt I need to shift the holster up to the 2 or 3 o'clock position so as not to print. If I'm wearing a dress shirt or anything not tucked in I move it back to the 4 or 5 o'clock position.

If you are looking for a great carry rig, take a look at Tommy's holsters.
thanks crane will be ordering one in a few months

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper