Can You Really Hide It? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Can You Really Hide It?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1653 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

I am not a large man, 5-8, 170, (a little gutt) and I have no problem carrying a full size 1911 without printing, even in 100 degree days that are the norm here in summer. You just have to adjust your clothing. Of course I can't wear a tight tee shirt, but a baggy tee, especially a dark colored one works fine. I also wear square cut button up cotton shirts. As much as it goes against my sense of style, I will also wear print shirts that I actually think are tacky. (as does my wife)

The only time I may have been made carrying, that I know of, is when I walked 50 feet into Walmart with my cover garment over the top of my pistol. Embarassing, but even then, as I looked around, I didn't see any funny looks; but who expects a grey haired old man to be packing a .45?

If I tried to carry a bulkier firearm, it would present a bit more of a problem. I haven't tried to carry my 92FS but in a pinch I think I could pull it off. You do have to be willing to spend some money on a decent holster.

I don't consider it a terrible burden to have to dress for carry. The .45 on my hip makes up for it with the comfort it provides.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

You CAN hide a full-sized fighting handgun under summer clothes. I am wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a t-shirt....while hiding a Glock 22RTF in my LEAST concealable holster.

dont-see-.jpg   do-see-.jpg  

Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #13

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

That glock 22 is a print master. take a pic from the front with your arms down.(cause you dont walk with your arms up) and tell me that wont print.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I carry my Glock 22 with no problem. I wear a supertuck 4-5 o'clock. I have never has an issue with printing.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
That glock 22 is a print master. take a pic from the front with your arms down.(cause you dont walk with your arms up) and tell me that wont print.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.
When I get dressed tomorrow...I shall.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #16

One of the easier ways to carry a .45 or any other larger frame semi is to not wear a holster and turn the gun so that the butt faces forward. That way when you sit down you don't get a big bulge pushing your shirt out in back. Also without the holster it rides a little lower and certainly closer to the body.

When I worked undercover, that is the only way I would carry and I was always good. The other thing is to avoid playing pool. It is impossible to shoot pool wearing a gun in the waist or shoulder holster as the bending over always shows the guns outline.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCraig View Post
One of the easier ways to carry a .45 or any other larger frame semi is to not wear a holster and turn the gun so that the butt faces forward. That way when you sit down you don't get a big bulge pushing your shirt out in back. Also without the holster it rides a little lower and certainly closer to the body.

When I worked undercover, that is the only way I would carry and I was always good. The other thing is to avoid playing pool. It is impossible to shoot pool wearing a gun in the waist or shoulder holster as the bending over always shows the guns outline.
I would sure hate to have to run with a gun tucked in my pants without a decent holster, or bend, or stretch for that matter. But, I never worked under cover, though I have done some good work under the covers.

Maybe with industrial strength velcro stuck just below the ribs, but I bet that would itch.

Carl Sagan

Old 10-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #18

A 1911 is thin and tucks in well. Good leather helps.

img_0299.jpg  

Carl Sagan

Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #19

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCraig View Post
One of the easier ways to carry a .45 or any other larger frame semi is to not wear a holster and turn the gun so that the butt faces forward........
When I worked undercover......
You were a LEO? And you're suggesting Mexican carry? Hmmmmm...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
Even if you put your billfold under your shirt it's going to show.
If you choose to wear clothing fitted that tight, you'll never be able to conceal much of anything except a mouse gun in a smart carry/thunderwear.