Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Can anyone suggest a IWB holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Can anyone suggest a IWB holster?

I am looking for an IWB holster for my Glock 23 & HK USP Compact .45. I would prefer leather and prefer a thumb break.

Thanks for the info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Are you familiar with Galco?

Their SkyOps is a very good dress pant IWB holster.

You want top of the line?

Meet Milt Sparks

If there is a new way to carry a pistol in a quality leather holster, it either started here, or it isn't worth a damn.

Hope that helps -

JD

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #3

Wow, the Milt Sparks are great. I think I am going to get a belt also. Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
Wow, the Milt Sparks are great. I think I am going to get a belt also. Thanks for the advice.
I have a Milt Sparks belt and a Milt Sparks holster for my 1911. Both are well made, and both are top notch quality.

However, I waited 7 months for my belt, and my holster showed up 3 weeks later. If you need it now, Milt is NOT your man.

If quality is what you are after, I have had ZERO problems with either of my Milt Sparks Leather products and would buy them again with no hesitations.

JD

Old 10-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #5

For now I actually just ordered a Bianchi 3s. I like the fact that it has a thumb break, first CC here. I talked to a local shop here who gets the Milt Sparks, and I got a lot of good info on those. She suggested the Versa Max 2. I also asked her why none of those had a thumb break and to my surprise, there was a good explanation. She informed me that a nice custom leather holster should not need a thumb break, the leather and craftsmanship should hold the gun in proper place.

I think I will wait a while and butter my wife up before I get a Milt Sparks, but I will get one

Also, I am picking up a great looking Wilderness Tactical belt from this same dealer. I do not like leather belts and this is a great looking belt.

Thanks again for all the help and let me know how I did as far as the Bianchi.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #6

Bianchi is another great brand, I didn't post them last night because... well, because I just plain forgot about them.

Nothing wrong with their stuff at all. I think you will be highly satisified with their products...

JD

Old 10-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #7

I don't personally like leather because it retains moisture. In Kydex, you've got three really good choices. CompTac (one caveat: clips tend to break if you're rolling around on the ground grappling), Bladetech (I use the UCH, as does my LE fiancee), and Raven Concealment. I haven't worn a Raven personally yet, buy people that I know that carry CCW professionally have given them high praise.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #8

So after not being able to find anyone in this country with the Bianchi 3s size 4 holster in stock, I decided to go with a Ted Blocker holster(http://www.tedblockerholsters.com). They are hand made and made in Oregon, so I can just pick it up when it is ready. I went with the model 12, dark brown, horse hide. I am quite excited + they said it will only be 2-4 weeks.

Let me know what you think.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CJ, 10/14/08

The USPC-.45 is a good carry pistol, it carries light and reasonably small. If you are like most of us then you will eventually have several holsters for each pistol. I carry my USPC-.45 in either a Fist IWB (www.fist-inc.com) or an IWB Highnoon holster (www.highnoonholsters.com). Both work well.

If you want to look at a bunch of holster sites then click on www.berettaforum.net and hit the "tactics and gear" forum. There is a sticky listing "holster sites" of about a hundred holster makers. It's fun to punch them in and see all the different styles of holsters. The 1911 forum (www.1911forum.com) also has a holster maker's site. Have fun.

best wishes- oldandslow