Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   Can anyone suggest a IWB holster? (

cjbramlett 10-11-2008 01:58 AM

Can anyone suggest a IWB holster?
I am looking for an IWB holster for my Glock 23 & HK USP Compact .45. I would prefer leather and prefer a thumb break.

Thanks for the info.

Dillinger 10-11-2008 02:33 AM

Are you familiar with Galco?

Their SkyOps is a very good dress pant IWB holster.

You want top of the line?

Meet Milt Sparks

If there is a new way to carry a pistol in a quality leather holster, it either started here, or it isn't worth a damn.

Hope that helps -

cjbramlett 10-11-2008 02:43 AM

Wow, the Milt Sparks are great. I think I am going to get a belt also. Thanks for the advice.

Dillinger 10-11-2008 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by cjbramlett (Post 44626)
Wow, the Milt Sparks are great. I think I am going to get a belt also. Thanks for the advice.

I have a Milt Sparks belt and a Milt Sparks holster for my 1911. Both are well made, and both are top notch quality.

However, I waited 7 months for my belt, and my holster showed up 3 weeks later. If you need it now, Milt is NOT your man.

If quality is what you are after, I have had ZERO problems with either of my Milt Sparks Leather products and would buy them again with no hesitations.

cjbramlett 10-11-2008 09:17 PM

For now I actually just ordered a Bianchi 3s. I like the fact that it has a thumb break, first CC here. I talked to a local shop here who gets the Milt Sparks, and I got a lot of good info on those. She suggested the Versa Max 2. I also asked her why none of those had a thumb break and to my surprise, there was a good explanation. She informed me that a nice custom leather holster should not need a thumb break, the leather and craftsmanship should hold the gun in proper place.

I think I will wait a while and butter my wife up before I get a Milt Sparks, but I will get one :)

Also, I am picking up a great looking Wilderness Tactical belt from this same dealer. I do not like leather belts and this is a great looking belt.

Thanks again for all the help and let me know how I did as far as the Bianchi.

Dillinger 10-11-2008 09:29 PM

Bianchi is another great brand, I didn't post them last night because... well, because I just plain forgot about them. :o

Nothing wrong with their stuff at all. I think you will be highly satisified with their products...

KellyTTE 10-11-2008 10:45 PM

I don't personally like leather because it retains moisture. In Kydex, you've got three really good choices. CompTac (one caveat: clips tend to break if you're rolling around on the ground grappling), Bladetech (I use the UCH, as does my LE fiancee), and Raven Concealment. I haven't worn a Raven personally yet, buy people that I know that carry CCW professionally have given them high praise.

cjbramlett 10-13-2008 09:34 PM

So after not being able to find anyone in this country with the Bianchi 3s size 4 holster in stock, I decided to go with a Ted Blocker holster( They are hand made and made in Oregon, so I can just pick it up when it is ready. I went with the model 12, dark brown, horse hide. I am quite excited + they said it will only be 2-4 weeks.

Let me know what you think.

oldandslow 10-14-2008 11:23 AM

CJ, 10/14/08

The USPC-.45 is a good carry pistol, it carries light and reasonably small. If you are like most of us then you will eventually have several holsters for each pistol. I carry my USPC-.45 in either a Fist IWB ( or an IWB Highnoon holster ( Both work well.

If you want to look at a bunch of holster sites then click on and hit the "tactics and gear" forum. There is a sticky listing "holster sites" of about a hundred holster makers. It's fun to punch them in and see all the different styles of holsters. The 1911 forum ( also has a holster maker's site. Have fun.

best wishes- oldandslow