Caliber sizes and Physical Limitations - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Caliber sizes and Physical Limitations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 809 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I would suggest trying out an FN fiveseven the recoil is way less than that of a 9 mm. It is a full size pistol that weighs 25 oz loaded with 20 rounds of a very capable round 5.7 mm (which is a lil harder to find now) it does have a hefty price tag, but you get what you pay for FN is an amazing manufacturer and the pistol and rounds a reflection of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seveni

Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #42
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Yes! We never have caliber wars! Or carry method wars! Or Glock vs 1911 vs revolvers. Or cop hating wars. Or..... Wait am I on the right forum?
And that's my point! a little too much BS sometimes. If folks are sharing their experiences, if we're giving any critique at all it should be constructive and helpful,..not ripping someone apart. Just me...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
And that's my point! a little too much BS sometimes. If folks are sharing their experiences, if we're giving any critique at all it should be constructive and helpful,..not ripping someone apart. Just me...
For the most part I agree. I think there is a special exception though for some of the little trolls and mall ninjas that run around here sometimes.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Edit: as for the LCR, We have fired one(two actually) and there IS a reduction in recoil because of the Grips!! Not sure i'd wanna shoot full powered 357 loads in the 357 version, but It handles well enough with +P loads, at least the ones we shot(Golden Sabers & the Hornady CD's) we also bought the Mz. 50 rds. of the new CD Lite. Aside from the fact that a portion of every purchase goes to Breast cancer research, it's the same bullet with a slightly lesser charge, and it makes a big difference in a small gun.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
For the most part I agree. I think there is a special exception though for some of the little trolls and mall ninjas that run around here sometimes.
True,..we have a few of those,..and a few who lob grenades, and at least 3 on the far left...

Axxe55 Likes This