buying my first handgun - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

buying my first handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Have you looked at Springfield Armory? Or are you set on a Kimber?

I can not for the life of me understand why states like California or Illinois have such stupid laws concerning what people can carry.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #12

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf

I can not for the life of me understand why states like California or Illinois have such stupid laws concerning what people can carry.
Yet they wonder why their crime rates are so high..

You can definitely get some discounts at some local gun shops. Just remember, the Hughes Amendment and NFA exists for all of us, which sucks. These acts must be repealed by us.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf

I tried a Springfield but it wasn't as accurate as the kimber, but that was just my preference

Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal6

I tried a Springfield but it wasn't as accurate as the kimber, but that was just my preference
Springfield LESS accurate than Kimber?

That's YOUR shooting, bud. Springfield makes the same quality, if not better, than Kimber. I say that because I own a Kimber and also own a custom Springfield.

Kimber is only a showboat firearm. No better shooting quality; maybe fancier looking, with their "snake skin" grips, but no better working or shooting components

Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO

Springfield LESS accurate than Kimber?

That's YOUR shooting, bud. Springfield makes the same quality, if not better, than Kimber. I say that because I own a Kimber and also own a custom Springfield.

Kimber is only a showboat firearm. No better shooting quality; maybe fancier looking, with their "snake skin" grips, but no better working or shooting components
Ya that's y I said kimber was just my preference, and both guns were rented and in poor shape so that may have had some effect as well

Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal6

Ya that's y I said kimber was just my preference, and both guns were rented and in poor shape so that may have had some effect as well
Ahhh I see