Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   buying my first handgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/buying-my-first-handgun-71834/)

jackal6 09-05-2012 01:26 AM

buying my first handgun

I'm getting my first handgun leaning towards kimber custom ii I'm set on a 1911 I'm also active military is there anything I can get special because of that?

mountainman13 09-05-2012 01:52 AM

Welcome to FTF. You might be able to get a discount,maybe. That's about it.

jackal6 09-05-2012 02:20 AM

Thank you and shoot I was hoping I could get more

JD1969 09-05-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal6 (Post 928591)
Thank you and shoot I was hoping I could get more

Like what? Lots of gun shops will give military and LEO discounts, but that is up to the individual store. Remember they are still a business and need to make money. Go in and ask what they can do for you.

jackal6 09-05-2012 03:23 PM

I'm not really looking for discounts I live in ca and as everyone knows guns laws are stupid strict, I was hoping I could get things that are normally not allowed

ineverFTF 09-05-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal6
I'm not really looking for discounts I live in ca and as everyone knows guns laws are stupid strict, I was hoping I could get things that are normally not allowed

Well of course you CAN get things not usually allowed, and they would be a lot of fun.

You have to ask yourself..... Is it worth the jail time :p?

gollygee 09-05-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackal6 (Post 929037)

Check the state laws. Of course if you're like me, may not read legaleeze real well so maybe the guys at your LGS can help. Seems I've read that law enforcement in commiefornia is exhempt from their laws, but I don't know about military.

The best solution is to apply for a transfer & let the military move you out of that commie state. ;)

jackal6 09-05-2012 03:39 PM

I'm going this week to order a kimber custom ii so ill ask then

therhino 09-06-2012 01:32 PM

Out of curiosity, are you an on-base resident or off-base? Base SOP at 29 Palms required you to lock up your personal weapons in the company or battalion armory. Will your Kimber end up in the hands of your company armorer?

jackal6 09-06-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therhino
Out of curiosity, are you an on-base resident or off-base? Base SOP at 29 Palms required you to lock up your personal weapons in the company or battalion armory. Will your Kimber end up in the hands of your company armorer?

Hell no it won't, Im in pendleton but I live off base