Buying Hand Guns Kentucky
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Buying Hand Guns Kentucky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Buying Hand Guns Kentucky

i live in indiana i have a hand gun permit for indiana i am going on vacation to kentucky/tennessee in a month i was wondering if i can just go down their buy a .22 mag revolver with out any hassel in kentucky or tennesee?

Last edited by Birchhatchery; 02-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I'm pretty sure you have to be a resident of the state to take possession but they will transfer it to your local FFL holder who will charge you a fee to do the paperwork. But I couldn't find a definitive answer for either state.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #3

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Federal Laws prohibites the purchase of a handgun in any state where you are not a resident. As stated a gun bought in Ky. would have to be transfered to Indiana. You would have to pick the gun up at your Indiana dealer and fill out you paper work.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

yep true, there was a guy in keenes the other day from indiana was a welder I think he said wanted to buy a new pistol but couldn't because he was a none resident.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #5

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

what u know uncle bear im comin to bardstown lol ok so that answers that question now say if i find a revolver i really want and they ship it to a dealer here will i just pay the price at the gun shop in kentucky and then when its shiped here i just pay for the paper work or whatever needs done?

i just figured i could get a gun cheapier down their why im asking

Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
what u know uncle bear im comin to bardstown lol ok so that answers that question now say if i find a revolver i really want and they ship it to a dealer here will i just pay the price at the gun shop in kentucky and then when its shiped here i just pay for the paper work or whatever needs done?

i just figured i could get a gun cheapier down their why im asking
Yep. The dealer you buy the gun from will collect the purchase price plus sales tax and send it to a FFL near your residence. Although the FFL they are sending it to has to have a copy of their license with the KY dealer you are buying from. It would have to be pretty cheap in my opinion because most dealers are going to charge the 25 dollar FEDEX fee and the receiving dealer can charge anywhere between 10-30 dollars for the transfer fee. A lot of people buy from budsgunshop (which is in KY) and they ship a lot for free. Funny thing is I was in Gander Mountain the other day which is in IA but a IL resident bought a gun and the store had to ship it across the river to IL.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Last edited by silverado113; 02-28-2012 at 09:21 PM.