Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Buying a glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/buying-glock-69608/)

potentialglock 08-04-2012 05:09 PM

Buying a glock

So I'm about to get CCW and I'm pretty set on getting a glock as my carry weapon. Now I'm just curious what would be a good carry glock? I like the glock 19 and don't wanna go too much smaller because then I just can't handle the weapon well. What guns and holsters would y'all recommend?

Fathead00 08-04-2012 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have two different holsters. One OWB Blackhawk serpa and one IWB N82 pro tactical holster for my Glock 35. Here's a pic. I really like my IWB.

Attachment 53371

KeysKelly 08-04-2012 06:01 PM

The best Glock in my opinion is the Glock you left on the dealer's shelf to buy your XD. Just my opinion.

SSGN_Doc 08-04-2012 06:14 PM

The 19 is a very good size for carry unless you live someplace that gets really hot and you can't dress to the gun. Here in GA near the FL border I have to switch down to my 26 or to my S&W Airweight when it is shorts and tee shirt weather to avoid printing.

Crossbreed or Theis make good in the waist band holsters. Don Hume makes some good belt holsters.

levelcross 08-04-2012 06:26 PM

The G 19 is a great size gun, then the G26/27 for the sub-compact. If you are looking for a 26/27 put it beside a G 19/23 and see how little difference there is between the two. Like SSGN said if you can dress for the gun go with the bigger one, if not small is the only option sometimes.

A great holster and good belt will always help out regardless of what you carry.

potentialglock 08-04-2012 06:40 PM

Unfortunately I live in Virginia so its T-shirt and shorts weather very often

Vincine 08-04-2012 06:46 PM

This is your first post here?

I’m sure you know there’s more to a handgun than having a CCW. How much actual, in your hands, firearm shooting experience do you have? If it’s limited, go to a class first, really.

After my class was over, we were able to handle and shoot lots of different types of handguns. I had thought I was going to get a small single stack 9mm Kahr. It turned out for me the small guns are harder to hold and on to and rack than bigger guns.

I did end up with a G19. The simplicity of a consistent trigger action showed in my groups, not to mention its operation and cleaning. My point is, if all you know is what you read, without actually shooting a variety of firearms. You’re doing yourself an injustice.

Had I to do it over, I may have gone for S&W M&P .22 & 9mm, instead of the Rugar 22/45 & G19.

cheftonyb 08-04-2012 06:55 PM

Go to rockyourglock.com and check out the MIC Razor. Minimal inside carry. U will love it at $22

GlockRenegade 08-04-2012 07:51 PM

I have a blackhawk Serpa for OWB and an Uncle Mikes cheap little holster for inside the waistband. Its only $10 and is flimsy, however it serves its purpose very well. Gun stays in place and I hardly know its there

GlockRenegade 08-04-2012 07:53 PM

And as a side note like many have said a collection of holsters is always a must have. I only have the 2 right now but eventaully want to get to 5-6. A kydex is next on my list