Businesses not allowing cc - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Businesses not allowing cc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
I have been reading about the problems in Wisconsin where they just got Concealed Carry and there are people trying to make businesses "Gun Free"

I had never thought of it in terms of "Civil Rights" but that is a very compelling argument.

You do have the right to bar anyone you like form your home.

But if I were to bar someone (black, gay, red-haired) from my business I would be facing federal time for a "Hate Crime" and I can see the same argument for Concealed Carry.

So is today's “No Guns" sign the same as the 1950s "No Blacks" - - - it gives one pause.

People will say it is a matter of choice - - - I do not read in the Constitution that you have a right to be gay. But we do have a second amendment right to bear arms. I would feel we should be every bit as protected as a gay person!

These are just my thoughts on the subject.
You are correct but it's racism not a hate crime. I live in Massachusetts which has very anal laws as to firearms & LTC

Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Apparently some business owners/managers are afraid they'll be sued if someone is shot by one of us retarded Neanderthals who own/carry guns. I guess they'd rather be shot themselves in earnest by a thug who comes in to rob them, and doesn't give a s*** about the sign. Or maybe they think they can just politely point to the sign and ask him to leave. I'm sure he'd comply, he wouldn't want to break a rule.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #103

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
If a business doesn't want my pistol there, they don't want my business. But, haven't come across one in east Texas so far. If I do, I'll be sure to let them know why I am not shopping there.
That's exactly right. Businesses have the right to say "non in my store" and I have the right to say "then im taking my money somewhere else"

...I don't really have that option being in the worst state of the Union: Illinois. We can't figure out how to pull our heads out of our asses long enough to decide if we should join the other 49 states in allowing our citizens to protect themselves.

I blame residents of Chicago. They're the ones who keep voting these criminal douche bags into office to keep us unarmed and paying higher taxes.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I read somewhere that part of the new law in WI stated that if a business doesn't allow carry, they become liable for anyone injured on their premises by an assailant. So apparently it has become more of an insurance liability to prohibit carry than to allow it.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 01-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #105

The WI law does not place any liability on business owners whom opt to post signs banning concealed weapons. It DOES GRANT IMMUNITY from civil lawsuits to those that do not.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Thanks for the clarification.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs