Businesses not allowing cc
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Businesses not allowing cc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Default Businesses not allowing cc

I think we should have a heading on this forum for people to post businesses, chains, and locations which post signs not allowing firearms on the premesis so we will all know who is or isn't firearms friendly and we then can avoid giving these people our business. We just recently won back our right to concealed carry and my permit is applied for, and I see there are signs popping up everywhere, No guns concealed or otherwise, means no money from this wallet will you get.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #2

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

What state are you in?? We have had CC in Oklahoma for 10+ years now.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Good idea! I will keep an eye out, but i don't recall ever seeing such a sign here (MS).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #4

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

We have business in Florida that post the same signs. Malls especially, some national breakfast joints and many others.

If I want to go to a mall with such a post, I simply ignore it. The worst thing that can happen is, if you are made carrying and told to leave, you Have to leave. If not you can be charged with armed tresspassing, which is a felony in Fl.

I carry everywhere except government buildings that are specifically identified as prohibited places to carry, but I am quite careful with my cover, and to my knowledge, I haven't been spotted. (except for the time I walked into Walmart with my cover shirt draped nicely over the top of my .45, and then, I am not sure anyone saw it before I did.)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Good idea! I will keep an eye out, but i don't recall ever seeing such a sign here (MS).
The only places I've seen here in MS with signs that aren't on the list of places in the state laws are the hospitals.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #6

Jareds (the jewelery store) has a sign posted on it's door that makes it a felony to carry in it's stores. I don't know if this is a national policy or a local one. Tenn law makes it a felony to carry in a posted business

Old 11-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #7

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
We have business in Florida that post the same signs. Malls especially, some national breakfast joints and many others.

If I want to go to a mall with such a post, I simply ignore it. The worst thing that can happen is, if you are made carrying and told to leave, you Have to leave. If not you can be charged with armed tresspassing, which is a felony in Fl.

I carry everywhere except government buildings that are specifically identified as prohibited places to carry, but I am quite careful with my cover, and to my knowledge, I haven't been spotted. (except for the time I walked into Walmart with my cover shirt draped nicely over the top of my .45, and then, I am not sure anyone saw it before I did.)
Im the same way, i honestly couldnt tell you any business that has a "NO FIREARMS" sign posted because i dont look. I will not carry in any of the obvious places posted in the CC law,all others i will carry "especially in a mall". Last year there was a shooting in one of the malls me and the family go to, some gangbangers shooting at one another. One of the gangbangers were killed "boo f****** hoo!" and around 5 innocent people were wounded. I refuse to be helpless and unable to protect my family

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

If a business doesn't want my pistol there, they don't want my business. But, haven't come across one in east Texas so far. If I do, I'll be sure to let them know why I am not shopping there.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #9

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootnbull View Post
Jareds (the jewelery store) has a sign posted on it's door that makes it a felony to carry in it's stores. I don't know if this is a national policy or a local one. Tenn law makes it a felony to carry in a posted business
I have seen that sign in a Delaware store as well...didn't look for it in NJ but would have been a moot point.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5984 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 426

in wisconsin a no firearms sign means the business assumes all responsibility for the safety of their patrons. if something happens that requires slf defense actions the patrons can sue that business fir any damages suffered. if they dont post the business has zero legal liability as wisconsin ccw law makes the individual responsible for their own safety.

the best way to deal with it is to educate the owner in a polite fashion on the ccw law here. most do not understand they are increasing their legal liability and should something occur they can be sued for massive amounts for posting a sign.

getting beligerent and confrontational like a lot of the OC crowd does here is not the way to influence people and win friends

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...