Bryco Jennings Nine, 9mm owners manual?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bryco Jennings Nine, 9mm owners manual?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bryco Jennings Nine, 9mm owners manual?

Hi I've been reading here for along time but this is my first post. I've had my CWL for a while now and just traded my old carry (a cobra CA32 .32 cal.) For a Bryco Jennings Nine. I know its by far not the greatest, nor would it be my first choice but its all the budget will currently allow. It didn't come with a owners manual and I was hoping someone here might have a link to a website with a online version. I tried Googleing it but haven't found it yet. Also if anyone has shot this gun I'd love to hear opinions on it. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #2

Just google "Jennings 9mm" and you'll get Tina of results.

A Jennings-9 was my 1st pistol. It was a ton of fun but would FTL occasionally after a couple hundred rounds. Or anytime the feed ramp became fouled. it was reliable enough that I wouldn't hesitate to use the one I had as a CCW.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 12-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #3

*tons of results.... Not Tina...

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 01-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info. Still haven't found a owners manual. Do you remember the mag capacity? It's not stamped on the mags.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Go to Jimenex Arms (JA Nine) website and down load the users manual. This is the new company located in NV that bought the assets from the Bryco / Jennings bankrupcy and now makes these firearms. User's manual is the same with several updated pages of legal warnings.....

The Jennings used both 10 and 12 round mags - and I believe they were interchangable. I DO NOT know if the JA parts and mags will interchange with the Jennings.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I don't ever suggest carrying any single action striker fire pistol with one in the pipe. It relies solely on a very inefficient safety that could very easily fail and wind up throwing a piece of lead into an unsafe something. But my first carry piece was a hi point 9mm. Was all I could afford at first, but never one up the snout. Good luck to you.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Drriley. Thank you I will look there tonight.

Dogethis. I have more trust in the Jennings then I did in the Cobra. But I agree completely. I would trust neither of them with one in the tube. I know I'm adding seconds onto my response time should I ever have to use it. But at the same time I'm very attached to my butt cheeks and I really don't want to blow a chunk of one off. Lol.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Absolutely DON'T carry one in the pipe. I had obtained a Jennings 9mm a while back and one of my sons wanted it because he had nothing to carry at the time and it was cheap with him being cash strapped. He accidentally dropped it to the floor of my office with one in the pipe and it went off. Fortunately, nobody was hurt but two of my wife's shirts were killed hanging in a closet along with a nice hole in a heating duct. These guns are not safe to carry in condition 1. Needless to say, he got rid of it pretty quickly. Don't put a price on your safety. Personally, I'd get rid of it for something better.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wjnfirearms... Ya I plan on upgrading as soon as I have the money. I'd love to get a RIA 1911 or a S&W 640 (or both if I had the cash) as soon as the budget can take it.