Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Breaking down and getting CC permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 917 Posts
Likes Given: 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1 View Post
Mn is $75.00 for a carry permit
Not so, Grasshopper. It varies by county (Hennepin is $100. I know I just paid it)

Old 02-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #12

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Breaking down and getting CC permit

This whole CC thing is primarily a money making scheme! The Feds keep the pot stirred with gun Control threats and enough laws changed and created to keep the panic legit! The States paint the picture that your right to own and carry a gun is a privilege and not a constitutional right, so between the panic stir by the Feds and the States lie, we are more than happy to Give the State our Hard earned money for a Right that we was born with! As much as Gun manufactures Scream for Gun rights and claim to be a sympathetic savior in all of this, they are getting mega rich due to the explosion in gun sales that has been staged by our government. And the Gun store owners that seem to detest gun control, that's really a lie as well, the panic has greatly aided in there success! And the same goes with ammo manufactures!! The threat of Gun control will always be with us, no matter who our leaders might be! It's a well oiled, highly successful business for a great number of people! Nobody really wants to rob you of your guns, just your money!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited by mahall; 02-14-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wholeheartedly disagree. There are plenty of people in this country that would like nothing better than to take our guns.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:48 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Oh well, now that I am getting the permit, I suppose I'll find more reasons/places to carry lol
I know you will. Glad you got your permit. I carry everywhere I go...if a place of business has their little "no guns" sign on the door, I don't go there unless I have to (read that government offices or hospital/doctor offices).

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 02-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWar View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. There are plenty of people in this country that would like nothing better than to take our guns.

I could bet Everything I had that the large majority of all gun control BS that is fabricated is business or money driven! Like alcohol or Tobacco, to much revenue generated in the gun industry to abolish guns! But the so called panic that the country seems to be in?? A ton(millions) of people have found a gold mine in the panic of the American People! For that reason alone, the panic isn't going away! We can scream, bitch, vote, or throw dirt in the air! The power of the dollar wins every time!!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #16
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2790 Times on 1919 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I could bet Everything I had that the large majority of all gun control BS that is fabricated is business or money driven! Like alcohol or Tobacco, to much revenue generated in the gun industry to abolish guns! But the so called panic that the country seems to be in?? A ton(millions) of people have found a gold mine in the panic of the American People! For that reason alone, the panic isn't going away! We can scream, bitch, vote, or throw dirt in the air! The power of the dollar wins every time!!

Then our Dollar needs to be Stronger, our Voices Louder! When I first got here I said"Hey, a state that lets me enjoy all of my rights" then I thought about it a bit, and decided to take the class and Get the CCW anyway....Sucks that two of the States that border me have Handgun restrictions, and another one is leaning that way.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

The main reason I got my permit so many years ago was based on our ambiguity in the car carry laws. With the permit you are essentially covered, but without the permit you are essentially left to the discretion of the individual officer. While an arrest for car carrying in the manner I chose probably wouldn't result in conviction, it's still an arrest. You still have lawyers, bondsmen, lost time, and major inconvenience. At that time many counties and cities also decided they needed to "enhance" state firearms laws which meant just crossing an imaginary line on the map could get you arrested if you didn't comply with these enhancements. With a permit the great majority of these enhancements were no longer a problem.

It was expensive, it was a major PITA, and it was time consuming, but I did it. I don't regret it.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #18

What is to perceived to be a privilege and not a right, becomes more valuable to obtain! And worth more to most! We take are rights way more for granted than we care to admit! The panic BS has gave the illusion that a born right is a privilege! As time goes by people tend to adopt that illusion or drink the koolaid of being privileged to own/carry a gun and not a born right!! The panic assures that several layers of people profit, the majority of these people passively encourage or promote panic for business purposes Not every "support the 2nd amendment" sign you see is delivering a purely pro gun message, but reminds People of the panic and they better run out and give there money to multiple sources! In no way, am I putting every politician, State Senator, gun store owner, ammo manufacture, gun manufacture as part of this huge business scheme! But does most of these folks value the dollar more than our gun rights! Sadly, that is probably true! A phase or a staged panic? Time will tell, cause phases end! Successful business just cultivates better ways to be more successful.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 917 Posts
Likes Given: 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The main reason I got my permit so many years ago was based on our ambiguity in the car carry laws. With the permit you are essentially covered, but without the permit you are essentially left to the discretion of the individual officer. While an arrest for car carrying in the manner I chose probably wouldn't result in conviction, it's still an arrest. You still have lawyers, bondsmen, lost time, and major inconvenience. At that time many counties and cities also decided they needed to "enhance" state firearms laws which meant just crossing an imaginary line on the map could get you arrested if you didn't comply with these enhancements. With a permit the great majority of these enhancements were no longer a problem.

It was expensive, it was a major PITA, and it was time consuming, but I did it. I don't regret it.
that' me too. not worth the risk of NOT getting the permit. I don't like the rules sometimes but I still play by them

Old 02-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
that' me too. not worth the risk of NOT getting the permit. I don't like the rules sometimes but I still play by them
One thing I forgot to put in my earlier post, and a fellow Floridian might call me on it. Those municipality generated enhancements no longer exist in Florida. The state firearm statutes are the law of the land down here. No matter where you are in Florida you are governed by the same set of rules.