Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Breaking down and getting CC permit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/breaking-down-getting-cc-permit-102146/)

chloeshooter 12-30-2013 01:56 PM

Breaking down and getting CC permit

1 Attachment(s)
Here in Minnesota, you are allowed to carry in your home as well as your place of business without a carry permit. Which is what I have done for some time. I do not carry outside of those circumstances. There is a certain amount of ambiguity, however, on transporting said firearm between the two places and I have been concerned that I'll forfeit all or many of my firearms rights should I find myself in the wrong circumstances. We don't want that! :eek:

I don't like the idea of this but I can't afford to be stubborn here. So, for $100 for a class (completed last year) and another $100 for the permit, I get to 'enjoy' rights I believe I should have for free.

I also know for a fact that now this is tied to my truck plates, etc and a routine traffic stop will probably be a little less than routine from now on - even though I am not a criminal and never will be one. Veiled gun registration at it's finest. Minnesota is a 'middle of the road' state when it comes to firearms ownership. We have been 'blessed' with liberal hunters so at least we aren't in the same shape as NY, CT, CA and a few others. You DO need either a CC permit or a 'permit to purchase' either a handgun or a semi-auto. As if the FFL process does not also cover this?

Oh well, now that I am getting the permit, I suppose I'll find more reasons/places to carry lol

Rick1967 12-30-2013 03:05 PM

Unless you work at a convenience store...home and work are the places you are least likely to be attacked. You are in much more danger walking to your car at the mall at night, or pumping gas after dark. A concealed carry permit is a great thing to have. I carry everywhere that I can.

chloeshooter 12-30-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1470322)
Unless you work at a convenience store...home and work are the places you are least likely to be attacked. You are in much more danger walking to your car at the mall at night, or pumping gas after dark. A concealed carry permit is a great thing to have. I carry everywhere that I can.

I work in a trucking terminal, located in a somewhat shady area of town (they usually are). I have seen a number of undesirables loitering near my building at all hours.

nitestalker 12-30-2013 04:34 PM

How does the state allow people to carry in their homes? Damn that is stupid are you joking? Do they have Domestic Police patrolling your living room? There are four states that allow the freedom to carry without the permission or tax to exercise your rights.:)

JW357 12-30-2013 04:36 PM

I agree we shouldn't have to essentially ask permission to exercise our rights.

However, given the political climate nowadays, I will not ever carry illegally. They would strip me of my rights in a New York Minute. Thus, I play their game.

:(

chloeshooter 12-30-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1470381)
How does the state allow people to carry in their homes? Damn that is stupid are you joking? Do they have Domestic Police patrolling your living room? There are four states that allow the freedom to carry without the permission or tax to exercise your rights.:)

If it were up to some, we would need the state's permission to use our own bathroom.

304inc 12-31-2013 01:21 AM

Good for you Chloe,, now you are not so limited on where you can carry, I agree though, funny how they can charge for your second amendment right. I'd like to see them try to charge for other rights, such as voting, or to a fair trail......
When its not the antis rights being infringed its cool, but start charging liberals for free speech,, wouldn't go over so well. The taxes, permit charges are an infringement in themselves.

Warrior1256 01-01-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1470383)
I agree we shouldn't have to essentially ask permission to exercise our rights.

However, given the political climate nowadays, I will not ever carry illegally. They would strip me of my rights in a New York Minute. Thus, I play their game.

:(

Sad but true. Same with me.

ctshooter 01-02-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1470411)
If it were up to some, we would need the state's permission to use our own bathroom.

You don't need their permission to use the bathroom, but they dictate how much water is used when you flush, how many gallons per min flow out of the shower head, and now if you want a certain brightness in the bathroom what type of bulb you can use ( no more incandescent bulbs 40w and above)

racer1 01-02-2014 01:40 AM

Mn is $75.00 for a carry permit