Bought the wife a Taurus TCP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bought the wife a Taurus TCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bought the wife a Taurus TCP

Went to a small gun show yesterday with my wife, and a female friend. I knew I was there to buy my wife a TCP, but I had to get her to hold it and she how she felt about it first. Turns out, both her and the other lady fell in love with the feel, especially with the magazine extension and rubberized grip. So I beat the guy up to sell me two complete kits for $240 each, out the door.

We brought them home, stripped and cleaned them and headed to the range. They both really loved the trigger action, and both were pretty accurate with them.

This morning, I bought an extra magazine and an inside-the-waist holster.

As a note, the only problem I saw in field stripping it, was that if you remove the pin completely, as the instructions tell you to do, it's hard as hell to get back in. If you pull it out almost all the way, (just enough to release the slide), but leave it sticking out of the hole, it's a much much easier reassembly.

All in all, a great day.

12FRETTER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2012, 03:32 AM   #2

Sounds fun. Shot mine again today too. Excellent choice

Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #3

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I bought one for me when smaller was needed and darned if my youngest daughter claimed it as her newest CC pistol. Now my wife likes it too so going looking today and see if I can find a SS or black SS version. The one i had was the tcp 380FS and cost only 185 new but had to order an extra mag. Great little pistols for sure