Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   Bought the wife a Taurus TCP (

12fretter 11-18-2012 05:17 PM

Bought the wife a Taurus TCP
Went to a small gun show yesterday with my wife, and a female friend. I knew I was there to buy my wife a TCP, but I had to get her to hold it and she how she felt about it first. Turns out, both her and the other lady fell in love with the feel, especially with the magazine extension and rubberized grip. So I beat the guy up to sell me two complete kits for $240 each, out the door.

We brought them home, stripped and cleaned them and headed to the range. They both really loved the trigger action, and both were pretty accurate with them.

This morning, I bought an extra magazine and an inside-the-waist holster.

As a note, the only problem I saw in field stripping it, was that if you remove the pin completely, as the instructions tell you to do, it's hard as hell to get back in. If you pull it out almost all the way, (just enough to release the slide), but leave it sticking out of the hole, it's a much much easier reassembly.

All in all, a great day.

Sixwire 11-19-2012 04:32 AM

Sounds fun. Shot mine again today too. Excellent choice

hardluk1 11-19-2012 01:23 PM

I bought one for me when smaller was needed and darned if my youngest daughter claimed it as her newest CC pistol. Now my wife likes it too so going looking today and see if I can find a SS or black SS version. The one i had was the tcp 380FS and cost only 185 new but had to order an extra mag. Great little pistols for sure