Bodyguard 380 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Bodyguard 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8508 Times on 5086 Posts
Likes Given: 11141

I have played with the Ruger LCP and I think it has a long trigger pull, too. But it is a nice little gun. Look at the Sig P238. It is a SAO pistol and the trigger is awesome! But it's a good 6 oz heavier than the LCP.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #12

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodeman View Post
Having shot the BG380 I would never buy one because of the long trigger pull. Does any one know if the Ruger Lcp has this same problem? Thanks in advance.
Yes, the LCP does have a long, harder trigger pull, too, but I don't interpret that as a problem - it is a designed attribute in consideration for the type of carry gun it represents. That characteristic fits well in that it is a small pocket pistol with no safety utilizing a double action trigger. I wouldn't want a small pistol with a single action, light trigger with no safety in my pocket.

I agree it poses some challenge to shoot, and it certainly isn't a range or target pistol, but it fulfills its designed role pretty well.

As far as the laser topic goes, the Crimson Trace Laserguard is grip activated and, in my opinion, has a place in an environment in which a shot may be taken up close when ones ability to acquire proper sight picture is compromised. It shouldn't be used as a substitute for proper aiming technique, however.

Last edited by treehugger49; 03-21-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

I have a BG380 and it is one of my two carry guns. The trigger is no worse than what you'll find on a typical DAO revolver. It is designed with a long trigger pull because it is a pocket carry defense gun. When you are in a situation where you need to pull that trigger, 7 pounds will feel like 7 ounces.

However, the laser is not intuitive. I would not plan on using it in a high stress situation because of the difficulty in activating it. They really should redesign the switch.

A big plus the BG has over many other 380 pocket pistols is the interchangeable sights. I put a set of XS Big Dots on mine. This is probably the one feature that stands out far above the competition in my book. When I pull up that gun quickly, there is no missing the front sight. That is far more useful than the laser and far more useful than any sights I have seen on any other pocket pistol.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8508 Times on 5086 Posts
Likes Given: 11141

With the LCP, I think the long trigger pull would not be a problem. You learn to know your guns. Also, a long trigger pull might be good on the LCP because it doesn't have a thumb safety. So the long trigger pull might act as a safety, in a way.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #15
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1538 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Well I picked up my wife a ruger lcp with crimson trace laser she loves it!