A bit tweaked
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A bit tweaked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default A bit tweaked

So... I stopped at the local Police Department today to pick up my hand gun purchase permit (I guess because that's how the founding fathers intended the law to work and we just recently figured it out.... anyway) I was denied "upon further review". The cause is because of a criminal recklessness charge about 15 years ago that was dropped and changed to reckless operation. YES!!! Dropped and changed to reckless operation.
It was in my younger days and I could do math real quick in my head.... cop car top speed= 130ish. Yamaha R1 top speed= 186+ a wee bit. Got away a lot and finally got snagged. Oops. But I learned and have had no issues since.

I moved to Michigan two months ago and registered all of my hand gun in this state. Absolutely no issues
Purchased all but one of the hand guns after that incident in 3 other states. Absolutely no issues
Purchased 90% of all my fire arms after that incident (at 45 total now). Absolutely no issues
Purchased seven fire arms this year alone (three while living in Michigan). Absolutely no issues

Today it's an issue... WTF????

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Paw Paw justice!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #3

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I'm sure it's for the safety of everyone around you. Stupid liberal logic right there though.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8461 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11028

Dude, I know your pain. Back in 2010 I applied for a job with the Census and had it in the bag. Then they did the background check and came up with an arrest back in 1983. I was 18. The charges were dropped. I was denied employment because of a 27 year old arrest that did not result in a conviction.

What happened was I pulled up in my car to pick up a couple of guys I knew at their house. They came running down the street, jumped in the car and said "Let's go!".

Turns out they had just vandalized a neighbor's house and the neighbor got my license plate. I was arrested for being the "getaway car" and contributing to the delinquency because one of them were minors, I was acquitted because the two guys admitted that I knew nothing about what they did.

I contacted the FBI and they said there was nothing they could do about it, the FBI maintains arrest records for 100 years or something like that and there is no way to erase it.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #5

Got it fixed today. I got with the prosecuting attorney in the county today and showed the old paperwork showing the final ruling.
Purchase permit in hand and should have the SR1911 on Thursday.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Is anyone else impressed that he actually found a SR1911 for sale? Last time I checked (not very long ago), nobody had them in stock.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #7

Been on the waiting list for near two years at a shop I use to live by in Iowa. Got the call and couldn't say no so it's being shipped to a local shop here in MI.

~George Washington

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #8

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Michigan laws are wierd. But they can hold your permit for three days before giving it to you. Or just get your Cpl and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #9

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Is anyone else impressed that he actually found a SR1911 for sale? Last time I checked (not very long ago), nobody had them in stock.
My local gun store has a couple of them foe $700. I want one but its gonna have to wait a few..

Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #10

Likes Given: 1

Local gun show had 6 of them for $650 per. I had to snag one.