Biking gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Biking gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Biking gun

Im going to be getting into biking (to lose weight) and definitely dont want to be left without a gun. However, my current handguns would be too large to conceal while biking.

Anyone else do this? If so, what gun is good for this?

I would like opinions for something like this. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #2

I use a North American arms .22 mag with the holster grip for bicycling. Can hide it without printing even with bike shorts. Normal carry is usually .40 S&W.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShotty View Post
Im going to be getting into biking (to lose weight) and definitely dont want to be left without a gun. However, my current handguns would be too large to conceal while biking. Anyone else do this? If so, what gun is good for this? I would like opinions for something like this. Thanks.
My girl friend and I are in to biking. I carry her Ruger LCR in 38 Special ($399). It's a blast to shoot. Light as a feather (13 ounces), butter smooth trigger, accurate as all heck, and reliable as dirt. Drop it in your front pocket and you will literally forget that it's there. It certainty adds a measure of security when riding the back roads. The LCR 22 ($449) would also be a fine choice and much cheaper to shoot. My girl friend has both. You could go with the LCR 357 ($499), but I think the 38 special is good enough and it was all my girl friend could handle well.

Below is a video review on it.

Semper Fi

Don <><

Notice how little it recoils and it's plenty accurate !

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by genesis; 10-07-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #4

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

I am a biker.
I agree with previous poster's LCR comments. I own the LCR in 38 special, and the very similar Smith and Wesson 438 Airweight 38 special. The LCR is slightly narrower, it is lighter by an ounce or two. The LCR shoots without as much recoil because it has a full surround rubber grip on the back strap. That extra rubber absorbs some shock. The Smith has two half grips - exposing your hand to the force of the metal back strap -- more recoil felt. Not really very important for concealed carry - more important if you are doing a lot of range shooting.
I like both these 38's but my actual bike gun of choice always turns out to be my Ruger LCP 380 in a Stoner back pocket holster. It goes everywhere!

My next size up in cc is a Ruger LC9 9mm. Nice gun - I like to shoot it - not as much recoil as either of the others. But I haven't made friends with it as a carry gun for biking. It's larger. The LCP is just so darned concealable for me!
It's just me - but when I'm on the bike, I've got the LCP...

Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #5

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

get a belly band holster

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I do own an LCR in 357mag. I usually wear basketball shorts for exercising. I even have a Desantis holster for it, but seems like it'd still be in the way of biking.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #7

Another thing you can do is get a tool bag for a motorcycle. You will have room for a bottle of water and your full size pistol. I can't see buying a belly buster when it's so easy to carry your real gun. In the end, it's your choice!!

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do you have an example of this tool bag? I'd prefer to carry a larger handgun if possible. Thanks OC.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #9

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you can find one maybe get one of the over the handle bar bags, you can stick your patches/allen wrench in there and a pistol.

That's what I planned on doing for mine. Then it got cold, so I haven't ridden my bike in a while.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #10

Here is an ebay comparison page. Just google motorcycle tool bag.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/140860009772?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&va r=sbar