big oops on my part leads to a question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > big oops on my part leads to a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Yep,^^^ why do you want to pay for someone else's mistakes??? At the very least, make your friend pay for the storage container...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #12

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

This is more a question to ask the State Attorney of your county rather than to ask for the "Expert Opinion" of all of us.

Also if your roommate is on good terms with his PO how about asking the PO if it is legal and within the guidelines of his probation if you put a dead bolt lock on your bedroom door and keep the guns locked in a safe inside the locked bedroom with only you having the key to?

Otherwise you have a choice to make. Give up your guns until your roommate is done with his legal problems or find a new place to live? That is a choice only you can make, not us.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I also think you should clear it with his PO. But worst case scenario, just wait a few more months when his probation is done.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2967 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Buy a safe and store your stuff indoors in your residence. Your going to want one eventually.
Check the local classifieds or Craig's List or whatever. A workable cheap safe or secure storage locker needn't cost very much.
This "store it in the car" crap is just silly.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 08-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
well recently,my roommate whom is on county probation till next year(meaning no guns around him) had a visit from his PO...welll my dumbass had left two boxes of 9mm ammo sitting on the coffee table..needless to say it was awkward that night,no jail time though for my friend n the PO understood that it was my ammo and my mistake..i took the asschewing from the PO when i called him to straten it all out..soo now im forced to keep my ammo in my truck,the gun stays in my truck anyway(PO said it was ok in my truck and even if my friends in my truck because its in my possession at that point)..now my question is,recently ive been wanting a ak47 really bad,just to mess with on weekends,no rambo ****. But im wondering if id be allowed to keep that legally in my truck? i have a PA LTCF(carry permit) but idk how accepting police would be of an assault rifle kept in the vehicle..so could i legally keep an ak47 in my truck with an LTCF?????

before you say "well get a place of your own" i live 5 mins from work and most stores id need to visit so its a good local were i am now and its cheap rent so till i find a better spot im gonna stay here.
I'm sorry, but I have a huge problem with leaving firearms unattended in your truck. I understand that you feel you must do it to protect your roommate, but there are ways to secure a weapon in the house/apartment that should be acceptable to the PO. A biometeric safe is the first thing that comes to mind. Just don't enter your roommates fingerprints in it.

Sorry. That doesn't answer your question, but being down here in Florida I would probably end up being wrong about your vehicle carry rules.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #16

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
well recently,my roommate whom is on county probation till next year(meaning no guns around him) had a visit from his PO...welll my dumbass had left two boxes of 9mm ammo sitting on the coffee table..needless to say it was awkward that night,no jail time though for my friend n the PO understood that it was my ammo and my mistake..i took the asschewing from the PO when i called him to straten it all out..soo now im forced to keep my ammo in my truck,the gun stays in my truck anyway(PO said it was ok in my truck and even if my friends in my truck because its in my possession at that point)..now my question is,recently ive been wanting a ak47 really bad,just to mess with on weekends,no rambo ****. But im wondering if id be allowed to keep that legally in my truck? i have a PA LTCF(carry permit) but idk how accepting police would be of an assault rifle kept in the vehicle..so could i legally keep an ak47 in my truck with an LTCF?????

before you say "well get a place of your own" i live 5 mins from work and most stores id need to visit so its a good local were i am now and its cheap rent so till i find a better spot im gonna stay here.

that is a very tough spot to be in, do you have a friend that can keep it at their place till legalities are square? otherwise i wouldnt even consider it as you could probably get in trouble for "supplying firearms to an ineligible person".