big oops on my part leads to a question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > big oops on my part leads to a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default big oops on my part leads to a question

well recently,my roommate whom is on county probation till next year(meaning no guns around him) had a visit from his PO...welll my dumbass had left two boxes of 9mm ammo sitting on the coffee table..needless to say it was awkward that night,no jail time though for my friend n the PO understood that it was my ammo and my mistake..i took the asschewing from the PO when i called him to straten it all out..soo now im forced to keep my ammo in my truck,the gun stays in my truck anyway(PO said it was ok in my truck and even if my friends in my truck because its in my possession at that point)..now my question is,recently ive been wanting a ak47 really bad,just to mess with on weekends,no rambo ****. But im wondering if id be allowed to keep that legally in my truck? i have a PA LTCF(carry permit) but idk how accepting police would be of an assault rifle kept in the vehicle..so could i legally keep an ak47 in my truck with an LTCF?????

before you say "well get a place of your own" i live 5 mins from work and most stores id need to visit so its a good local were i am now and its cheap rent so till i find a better spot im gonna stay here.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I believe that PA issues a license for a concealed pistol...longarms must be unloaded with or without a LTCF, note that it also says transported which suggests to me that you should be able to prove you are travelling to/from the range or hunting.

Quote:
Automobile carry:
A License to Carry Firearms is issued to carry a firearm concealed on one’s person or in a vehicle within this Commonwealth.
A handgun being transported in a vehicle without a license to carry must be unloaded and must be carried under one of the exceptions listed above under ‘Carry.’ Rifles and shotguns may be transported in a vehicle as long as they are unloaded.
While transporting a firearm without a license, it is up to the person carrying the firearm to demonstrate that one of the exceptions applies. A law enforcement officer may demand such evidence.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 08-17-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #3

ahhh ok looks as if i would need to keep it unloaded in my truck,if i was to leave it in there..well i planned on that anyway..a fully loaded AK in a vehicle all the time might be a bit too suspicious

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

why would you even consider keeping your firearms in your truck? this sounds like your roommates problem ... that could potentially become your problem should someone decide to break into your truck

if you cannot remedy the roommate, wait until you can

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7009 Times on 4216 Posts
Likes Given: 8439

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
why would you even consider keeping your firearms in your truck? this sounds like your roommates problem ... that could potentially become your problem should someone decide to break into your truck

if you cannot remedy the roommate, wait until you can
I agree here. Someone hears you have firearms in your truck, it won't be long before they are stolen. And believe me, word will sneak out that there are firearms in your truck.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #6

the thing is the guys like my best friend and just did some stupid ****,served his time,n is a nice guy whose kept his act clean...plus should mention the apt is in his name(hence the legal issue,if my gun/ammo is in the apt its legally in his possession cuz his names on the lease), he got it and then found himself unable to afford rent alone so being the awesome guy i am and needing a place to live i moved in n split the rent..so not much remedy to the roommate situation :/ least till hes off probation early nxt yr. and ik its less than ideal but i like my guns and even making $17.20/hr i find it hard to get the cash to get/furnish an apt..so idk i'll prolly wait on the ak but damn i want one

S&W sigma 9mm

Last edited by REDMIST89; 08-17-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8688 Times on 3761 Posts
Likes Given: 1335

Check with his PO- if a gun is in the apartment, but under lock and key- to which he does NOT have access, think you have met their requirements. That may be a gun lock, or a locked container. (Hard case, padlock)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I'm with c3shooter on this one. You could even buy a locking gun cabinet. They're a lot cheaper than a full-blown gun safe, and they should satisfy the "locked away" requirement.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
I'm with c3shooter on this one. You could even buy a locking gun cabinet. They're a lot cheaper than a full-blown gun safe, and they should satisfy the "locked away" requirement.
this

you need a gun safe type device. check with the po. the feds when it comes to nfa items are satisfied with a gun safe that no one but the registered owners have access to. i dont see how thats any different for a parollee. its a lot safer with them in a more controlled area anyway

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1253 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1918

Get a different room and roommate. Or live alone. You are leaving yourself vulnerable for all kinds of trouble rooming with the one you have.