Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Big CCW mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I could see how these could work some times, but thats not good enough. The way I see it, if you are going to carry something, carry a real gun that could save your life. The only thing a blank gun is good for is making loud noises, and possibly being used as a blunt object.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8445 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Law in VA- point a replica at a LEO, not only are your probably going to die, but your heirs are not going to sue anybody about your getting capped.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 01-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Has only been a couple of weeks since a 15 year old was shot dead by police while brandishing/pointing what turned out to be a pellet gun.

Can't expect that anybody will or won't know it isn't a firearm...good way to get killed.
This happens fairly regularly in Chicago.

To the OP, I think because there are very tight gun laws in European countries, some carry guns with blanks in them. I remember someone from a European country posting on here about obtaining either a starter pistol or some other gun that shoots blanks because it was near to impossible to buy a real gun where he was.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #14

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks
To my knowledge brandishing a toy gun (that looks real), an inert dummy gun or a blank firing gun is considered by law enforcement to be the same as brandishing a real firearm.

Ive heard of kids shooting pedestrians with paintball guns from cars and when caught were charged with a felony crime. They shot people at a bus stop with red paintballs and they thought they had been shot with a real gun.
I seen that video,the people on that bench actually slumped over like they had really been shot. They shot one guy walking down the sidewalk and he fell over too.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #15

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Law in VA- point a replica at a LEO, not only are your probably going to die, but your heirs are not going to sue anybody about your getting capped.
That makes sense. I don't see why someone should be able to sue for something like that. Their mistake, their problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This happens fairly regularly in Chicago.

To the OP, I think because there are very tight gun laws in European countries, some carry guns with blanks in them. I remember someone from a European country posting on here about obtaining either a starter pistol or some other gun that shoots blanks because it was near to impossible to buy a real gun where he was.
It makes a little more sense in Europe, but it still could cost you your life. If I had no choice, I guess I would at least concider carrying one if I was over there, but I would also cary a very large knife too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I seen that video,the people on that bench actually slumped over like they had really been shot. They shot one guy walking down the sidewalk and he fell over too.
Is this the video?

Quick question, can you respond to an attack like this with deadly force and not be thrown in jail? It seems like a lot of these people don't know that it is a paintball gun, and could quickly respond with deadly force if they have a CCW on them.

I'm glad they ended up getting caught in the act and thrown in jail.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #16

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Warning: Hazardous Language and Reckless Gun Handling

Snatch - Desert Eagle vs. Replica Scene - YouTube

One of my favorite movies xD

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #17

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

That makes sense. I don't see why someone should be able to sue for something like that. Their mistake, their problem.

It makes a little more sense in Europe, but it still could cost you your life. If I had no choice, I guess I would at least concider carrying one if I was over there, but I would also cary a very large knife too.

Is this the video?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08ZKuo92-w

Quick question, can you respond to an attack like this with deadly force and not be thrown in jail? It seems like a lot of these people don't know that it is a paintball gun, and could quickly respond with deadly force if they have a CCW on them.

I'm glad they ended up getting caught in the act and thrown in jail.
I believe thats the one, people like that are idiots for sure.. I would say that deadly force in an instance like this would be iffy. Now at the precise moment,you would truely believe that you were being shot because of the gunshots and the painful impact of the projectiles. You may be in court for a while,and it really depends on the type of DA that is present. I would think that in the end you would be aquitted of charges, but ive seen cases where a law abiding CCP holder shoots and kills a BG that had a real gun,and is found guilty of manslaughter. There are alot of factors that contribute to what would happen.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 01-22-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #18

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you are over 12 years old and carry a cap pistol you have a death wish.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2610 Times on 1374 Posts
Likes Given: 203

Last week a couple of my guys stopped a suspicious vehicle in a neighborhood. The caller informed us the probable driver was known to carry a handgun. When they lit up the car, the driver reached for the back seat and ignored commands to put his hand up. He very nearly was on the receiving end of 9 00 buck shot pellets. His "gun"? A replica "air soft" gun he was trying to hide in the back seat when stopped. I seriously doubt he understands the magnitude of his poor choices.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #20

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Last week a couple of my guys stopped a suspicious vehicle in a neighborhood. The caller informed us the probable driver was known to carry a handgun. When they lit up the car, the driver reached for the back seat and ignored commands to put his hand up. He very nearly was on the receiving end of 9 00 buck shot pellets. His "gun"? A replica "air soft" gun he was trying to hide in the back seat when stopped. I seriously doubt he understands the magnitude of his poor choices.
You cant fix stupid but you can kill it

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET