BG has the drop on you, what next? - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > BG has the drop on you, what next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

You sound like the only person I refused to give a letter of training to after he took my class. Your attitude needs adjusting!
Looks like he was joking to me... You refuse that letter based on a dark sense of humor too?

Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #172

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

This is one of the risks you have to take into consideration if you have make a decision to attempt to apprehend them or not. Do the risks justify the "reward?"

You're right, members on here think the large majority of criminals are "stupid." I've seen it posted on multiple threads on this forum. And they are wrong. Criminals usually aren't stupid. A lot of them don't think the way that most people think but that doesn't equal stupidity. Now obviously there are some major morons out there.

I heard a judge tell one total idiot (while giving him a maximum sentence) "you obviously need to find something else to do. Because you are a horrible burglar. You always get caught because you are BAD at it. Go get a real job when you get out this time."

But by and large, criminals represent a wide spectrum of the population at all education and income levels. Something to consider, if a criminal is willing to point a gun at you, there is a definite possibility that they've killed someone before. That makes them more psychologically prepared to pull the trigger on a human being than someone who hasn't.
You are absolutely right! I babysit convicts all day(Correctional Officer) in prison, and it's scary how smart some of those inmates are. Wether it's the genius places they conceal contraband and weapons, to coming up with scams to compromise staff, and the way they use cunning and surprise when assaulting people. They will set up an assault by one guy talking to the victim setting up a distraction, while 2 other guys come up behind the victim and attack with either shanks, lock-in-a sock, or fists and feet, depending on the message they want sent; then the distractor will jump in too. A lot of the criminals I deal with aren't stupid at all, they just got caught. My wife says if only they could use their smarts for good instead of evil, the world would be a lot better place. Of course she uses that when talking about our kids....they are an evil bunch!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #173

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

as much as i wish this could be done, in all reality, a really bad idea. too many people with cameras. too many cameras around for that matter. if you were caught on camera doing such a thing, you would in all probability end up in prison.
Great in theory but there are too many lawyers making it unacceptable,

Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcilten

You are absolutely right! I babysit convicts all day(Correctional Officer) in prison, and it's scary how smart some of those inmates are. Wether it's the genius places they conceal contraband and weapons, to coming up with scams to compromise staff, and the way they use cunning and surprise when assaulting people. They will set up an assault by one guy talking to the victim setting up a distraction, while 2 other guys come up behind the victim and attack with either shanks, lock-in-a sock, or fists and feet, depending on the message they want sent; then the distractor will jump in too. A lot of the criminals I deal with aren't stupid at all, they just got caught. My wife says if only they could use their smarts for good instead of evil, the world would be a lot better place. Of course she uses that when talking about our kids....they are an evil bunch!
Have you seen the new toilet plug cell phone trick? They cut a shower slipper in half, tie a string to it, double bag a smaller cell phone, flush it down the toilet and the shower slipper catches at the bottom of the bowl where you can still grab it. They shove it back where you can't see it and designate that the "laundry" toilet.

Anybody who can think up that crap, and make a functional tattoo gun out of a spring, some headphone wires and parts from a radio is far from unintelligent.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-10-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #175
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 406 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45
Say a bad guy has the drop on you in a situation that he has you dead to rights and wants to rob you. Let's face it we can't always be on our toes no matter how hard we try. Do you give him what he wants, take a chance and draw on him, or wait till he turns to leave then take action your chosen way. I thought about this once and would like to hear some straight up honest answers.Personally I think I would give him what he wants then the moment I can draw my gun im going for it, not while dead to rights of course. The only problem is if I shoot this criminal in the back I have just became the one who is going to get prosecuted. So I guess I let him go and cut my losses if he runs away(he hopes)
I do a three stooges monologue ( not as difficult as you think when you have multiple personalities) then....... That's it. That's all I got.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #176
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS View Post
Great in theory but there are too many lawyers making it unacceptable,
not theory at all. fact. just about everyone and his dog has a phone with a camera. there are cameras everywhere. you think you can just shoot someone, even a BG and it not be investigated? they are for sure without a doubt going to make sure the evidence lines up with any statements you make about a shooting. if they can any cameras or witness' to either coraborrate or refute your statements, they will use them.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #177

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Have you seen the new toilet plug cell phone trick? They cut a shower slipper in half, tie a string to it, double bag a smaller cell phone, flush it down the toilet and the shower slipper catches at the bottom of the bowl where you can still grab it. They shove it back where you can't see it and designate that the "laundry" toilet.

Anybody who can think up that crap, and make a functional tattoo gun out of a spring, some headphone wires and parts from a radio is far from unintelligent.
I haven't personally seen that cell phone stash at my joint, but I have seen the service bulletins from officers who have found them like that. The tattoo guns I have confiscated my fair share of those too. My favorite was when my partner and I were doing count, and we go by a cell and I look in, and the two idiots are sitting there tattooing up a storm. I stand there for about a full min, and they didn't even notice, so I bang on the cell door with my flashlight, and they both jump hitting the ceiling. I said "seriously??? You two lose track of time and forget what time count is?" I popped the trap and told em to give it up...it was a solid piece, made out of a hair trimmer motor and guitar string needles from recreation. We have since confiscated all hair trimmers due to this fact.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #178

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

You sound like the only person I refused to give a letter of training to after he took my class. Your attitude needs adjusting!
Ok that was way over the top idea I posted and concur with you a CCW carries much more responsibility than any BG has to comply with.

So instead what if I offered to buy his gun because it is the exact model and caliber I have wanted since I can remember?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #179
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS View Post
Ok that was way over the top idea I posted and concur with you a CCW carries much more responsibility than any BG has to comply with.

So instead what if I offered to buy his gun because it is the exact model and caliber I have wanted since I can remember?
are you intentionally going out of your way to act like a jerk or do you actually have something constructive to add to this thread?

because your comments are very sarcastic and bordering on being trollish.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #180
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2254 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Looks like he was joking to me... You refuse that letter based on a dark sense of humor too?
Correct, there is no place for 'humor' when you are talking about shooting someone on the internet! This is a 'public' forum, not a place for private jokes which will come back to bites all who believe in the RTKABA'S!
Vikingdad Likes This