BG has the drop on you, what next? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > BG has the drop on you, what next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #161
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21204 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Another 'WHAT IF' which can't be answered because there are just too many variables in real situations to say EXACTLY what you could/should/or would do!!!
to an extent, that's true. but sometimes these discussions are still good for those new to firearms or new to carrying. they bring a lot of useful information about and give the newbies things to ponder on and give consideration.

i don't think you could ever cover every conceivable variable or situation, but still, i see a lot of good information and some good dicussions from these types of threads.
Balota Likes This 
Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #162
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1796 Times on 1094 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

I agree. And the useful discussion is not just from people with one particular point of view. Understanding the reasoning behind all points of view changes the discussion from dogmatic statements to dialogue. I don't know a whole lot about guns (talk to C3 or Robo if you want extensive, deep detail). But what I do know came mostly from intelligent (if sometimes heated) discussions here in this forum.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #163

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:

Another 'WHAT IF' which can't be answered because there are just too many variables in real situations to say EXACTLY what you could/should/or would do!!!
This can be answered as it was already by plenty of members. You can get robbed while walking your doggy. That's another situation for you. Don't be so grouchy, just state what you would do in any given situation when the bad guy already has his gun on you. Come on man!!! (In my Monday night football voice)

Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #164
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1864 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
to an extent, that's true. but sometimes these discussions are still good for those new to firearms or new to carrying. they bring a lot of useful information about and give the newbies things to ponder on and give consideration.

i don't think you could ever cover every conceivable variable or situation, but still, i see a lot of good information and some good dicussions from these types of threads.
You are correct in that it is one of many things you NEED to think about before it occurs, but you MUST not commit to an ALWAYS OR NEVER decision until you are there!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #165

Quote:
You are correct in that it is one of many things you NEED to think about before it occurs, but you MUST not commit to an ALWAYS OR NEVER decision until you are there!
Jim, i can agree with that statement. yes always leave yourself the frame of mind to adapt to a situation as needed. the situation can change. the expected actions of the other person can change or not go the way you think they would have.

very good point and something for others to give thought to.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #166

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

I have a friend that says depending on how the bg is holding the gun determines what he would do(take it from him, draw his weapon, whatever). Sounded good when he said it but now I don't really think so. Can't really judge a bg's gun handling ability on his grip of the gun. Well sorta I guess. My final answer would be to do whatever you trained to do or your instincts tell you. You will have to live or die with those actions.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #167
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Go for surprise!

Maybe the other guy will realize just how bad it is going to stink if you are shot or shartled.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #168

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

If the bad guy has not shot me and is walking away arrogantly, draw weapon yell at them when they turn around to teach me another lesson apply ventilation and repeat till lesson is learned. Prefer 45ACP for proper ventilation.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS View Post
If the bad guy has not shot me and is walking away arrogantly, draw weapon yell at them when they turn around to teach me another lesson apply ventilation and repeat till lesson is learned. Prefer 45ACP for proper ventilation.
as much as i wish this could be done, in all reality, a really bad idea. too many people with cameras. too many cameras around for that matter. if you were caught on camera doing such a thing, you would in all probability end up in prison.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1864 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPS View Post
You sound like the only person I refused to give a letter of training to after he took my class. Your attitude needs adjusting!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This