Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > BG has the drop on you, what next?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #151
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45

U would definitely get prosecuted if you shoot a retreating man in the back. Yes it sucks and I would be tempted to do the same. If he runs away maybe we should shoot him in the legs first, lol
If the person is running away from him with his gun in his hand and maybe "pointing it at another car" when balota shoots him it could be justified. But i'd bet they'd still sue and possibly attempt to prosecute anyway.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #152
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7823 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
If BG has already done violence, I'd shoot him in the back. "I thought he was retreating to cover so he could continue to harm me."
never say anything but "he was coming after me". If they ask why he has a bullet in the back, say "I don't know. He was coming after me."

Repeat that statement time and time again, never wavering. If you even so much as say "Maybe......" then it opens you up for a whole can of worms. If it comes down to a trial, then let your attorney handle the what-ifs. If you get on the stand in your own defense, you go it. "He was coming after me."

You didn't think anything, you didn't guess anything, you didn't know anything. "He was coming after me." That is all you say.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #153
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1682 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post

U would definitely get prosecuted if you shoot a retreating man in the back. Yes it sucks and I would be tempted to do the same. If he runs away maybe we should shoot him in the legs first, lol
Probably right. But if he's already done physical violence to someone, beaten, shot, stabbed... right before taking off, it's all part of that fight to me.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

never say anything but "he was coming after me". If they ask why he has a bullet in the back, say "I don't know. He was coming after me."

Repeat that statement time and time again, never wavering. If you even so much as say "Maybe......" then it opens you up for a whole can of worms. If it comes down to a trial, then let your attorney handle the what-ifs. If you get on the stand in your own defense, you go it. "He was coming after me."

You didn't think anything, you didn't guess anything, you didn't know anything. "He was coming after me." That is all you say.
Good advice!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #155
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19998 Times on 11369 Posts
Likes Given: 50449

Quote:
I agree with the sentiment (open season on BG). Actually that season opens when he pulls his gun on you. Problem is it closes when he turns and runs.

If he just walks away arrogantly, things may be different. Arm yourself and dial 911. Loudly and insultingly describe the situation. If he turns back to repeat his intimidation, apply useful pressure to the trigger. Recoil and repeat until the threat is stopped.
i like the way you think!

Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #156

the comment i made about an open season on BG's was made purely tongue in cheek, off the wall humor and not to be taken seriously.

purely a case of wishful thinking. IMO, as much as i hate it, if the BG is retreating or has left the scene, technically, he's not a threat, and can't be shot in the back, even as much as we may think he deserves it. but getting the gun into hand as soon as possible, even if he has left is simply because what if he decides to return, to leave no witness' to his crime is my point.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
the comment i made about an open season on BG's was made purely tongue in cheek, off the wall humor and not to be taken seriously.

purely a case of wishful thinking. IMO, as much as i hate it, if the BG is retreating or has left the scene, technically, he's not a threat, and can't be shot in the back, even as much as we may think he deserves it. but getting the gun into hand as soon as possible, even if he has left is simply because what if he decides to return, to leave no witness' to his crime is my point.
I agree. And if he runs away with material goods I'd let him go. But when he crosses the line to violence, it's on and it doesn't turn off for me just cause he wants to run. He could be going for a better weapon.

Balota

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #158

Quote:
I agree. And if he runs away with material goods I'd let him go. But when he crosses the line to violence, it's on and it doesn't turn off for me just cause he wants to run. He could be going for a better weapon.
if he attacked someone and caused them harm in any way, all bets are off. his life isn't worth spit!

Old 09-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #159
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7823 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

For some reason I feel the need to post this video.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #160
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1650 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Say a bad guy has the drop on you in a situation that he has you dead to rights and wants to rob you. Let's face it we can't always be on our toes no matter how hard we try. Do you give him what he wants, take a chance and draw on him, or wait till he turns to leave then take action your chosen way. I thought about this once and would like to hear some straight up honest answers.Personally I think I would give him what he wants then the moment I can draw my gun im going for it, not while dead to rights of course. The only problem is if I shoot this criminal in the back I have just became the one who is going to get prosecuted. So I guess I let him go and cut my losses if he runs away(he hopes)
Another 'WHAT IF' which can't be answered because there are just too many variables in real situations to say EXACTLY what you could/should/or would do!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!