BG has the drop on you, what next? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > BG has the drop on you, what next?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arley, AL in "The Free State of Winston"
Posts: 552
Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Ehhhhh..not exactly. I was just wondering how the issue go to the point where I was staring down a barrel.
Let's just say you are using the restroom in a gas station, and as soon as you step out a guy puts a gun to your face. How's that?
__________________
Devin556 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Missouribound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 777
Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
Let's just say you are using the restroom in a gas station, and as soon as you step out a guy puts a gun to your face. How's that?
Let's say you get professional help for your anger issues....how's that?
__________________

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Missouribound is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,949
Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound

Let's say you get professional help for your anger issues....how's that?
Lets say my buddy worked a call where that happened. Only the bad guy spotted the gun in an inside the belt holster in the small of the victim's back when he got out the car, and snatched it out when he bent over to close his gas tank. The victim got robbed at gunpoint with his own gun and the bad guy took his wallet and then pistol whipped him, then took his gun too. How's that?

A guy getting robbed and beat with his own gun cuz he froze up. That's what happens when you don't think ahead at least a little. You freeze.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-03-2013 at 01:41 AM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,585
Liked 2498 Times on 1423 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Say a bad guy has the drop on you in a situation that he has you dead to rights
I know not what others may do,

But I'm going to bite his nose off. He may shoot me, but I'm going to

wrap him up, head butt him, drop to the ground on top of him, break bones,

chew off body parts, generally beserk his body, and if he does shoot me,

probably at some point I'm going to also die like a man. But that bastard

will be psychotic for the rest of his sorry life. After me, he'll think twice before

taking a popsicle from a third grader.
__________________
therewolf is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #105
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 743
Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I would comply with his demands. I would try to keep my gun. If I lost control of the weapon so be it. Buds is open 24/7. I will have a new and better gun in a few days.
Well if I was a bad guy I'd make you my regular. I wouldn't kill you because you would be a regular supply of hardware for me and my buddies and I bet you have great taste in concealed carry weapons.

I have an issue with my firearm being used in a commission of a crime with the most severe being murder of an innocent person. I know the chances of me being robbed and shot and killed are less likely than me being just robbed. You get time for armed robbery, you get the needle or chair for murder, maybe just life if your lucky.
__________________
GunRunner is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #106
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rb522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 126
Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I carry two wallets. One is my real one, the other is a dummy wallet. The dummy has some fake credit cards, gag cash, fake IDs and such. I'll toss the dummy with my left hand while the right is reaching for my Glock. I also have martial arts training, and practice on a regular basis.

__________________
rb522 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
I know not what others may do,

But I'm going to bite his nose off. He may shoot me, but I'm going to

wrap him up, head butt him, drop to the ground on top of him, break bones,

chew off body parts, generally beserk his body, and if he does shoot me,

probably at some point I'm going to also die like a man. But that bastard

will be psychotic for the rest of his sorry life. After me, he'll think twice before

taking a popsicle from a third grader.
Therewolf,

I understand your reasoning, and honestly I would try to eff him up pretty bad too.

But it begs the question - what if that guy lives and claims he killed you in "self defense?" With no witnesses or security camera it'd be hard to prove you didn't attack him first.

It's just interesting to me, because for those of us who would fight back (myself included), if there's no witnesses and we lose (die) we're potentially giving the BG's defense attorney a chance to paint the BG as a victim. And then a guilty man would be walking the streets instead of getting his due justice.

I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb522
I carry two wallets. One is my real one, the other is a dummy wallet. The dummy has some fake credit cards, gag cash, fake IDs and such. I'll toss the dummy with my left hand while the right is reaching for my Glock. I also have martial arts training, and practice on a regular basis.
I really like the dummy wallet idea.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #108
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Red Deer,Alberta
Posts: 1,412
Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I really like the dummy wallet idea.
Me, too. The martial arts idea - not so much. I've seen that go bad.

My .02 - Whatever you do, it needs to be a surprise and it needs to be sudden. And maybe you do nothing. It's just money, after all.
__________________

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Rocky7 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #109
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 743
Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post

Therewolf,

I understand your reasoning, and honestly I would try to eff him up pretty bad too.

But it begs the question - what if that guy lives and claims he killed you in "self defense?" With no witnesses or security camera it'd be hard to prove you didn't attack him first.

It's just interesting to me, because for those of us who would fight back (myself included), if there's no witnesses and we lose (die) we're potentially giving the BG's defense attorney a chance to paint the BG as a victim. And then a guilty man would be walking the streets instead of getting his due justice.

I hope I'm wrong.

I really like the dummy wallet idea.
Zimmerman. .......lol
__________________
GunRunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner

Zimmerman. .......lol
That was my thought too. The difference is he had the 911 recording.

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe his was legitimately self defense. But he still came to mind.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
looking for a drop leg holster tankwilson Firearm Accessories & Gear 11 07-19-2013 04:18 PM
Bullet Drop luisdurazo95 Hunting Forum 4 06-21-2012 01:05 AM
a cop drop his gun in a mall lonewolf101 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 54 11-18-2011 02:30 AM
M&P Mag Drop! rmruder Semi-Auto Handguns 11 03-10-2009 11:07 PM
Barrel Drop plumbermario Gunsmithing Forum 0 05-30-2007 05:21 PM