Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best self defense advise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I didn't get that part either. Could have been a typo. Don't know. I don't think I'd say anything anyway. After the last 2 days I've had, I think I'd just waste the lowlife and save my breath for the cops.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #22

Great Article.....
I live in the quiet neighborhood he refers to, and I work in a world not as bad as he described, but not without violence and crime.
I appreciate his advice, and his continued dedication and service.
What most don't know is PD and FD members have a divorce rate over 70%. Suicide is very prevelant in our culture. The life style always takes a toll on many officers and members. The public really gets their monies worth.
PTSD is real and affected me and many of my friends.
I respect your writings and thoughts may you soon find the peace and tranquility you deserve.

In respect to the blond moment question,
I think he is saying some time you may not have your weapon on you for whatever reason.
I believe he is saying a good bluff is your last option. Play your cards well.

Keep your primers and powder dry !!!

Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #23
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1638 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I didn't get it.

And I've always heard it should be, "I have a gun, I don't want to shoot!" Or "Don't make me shoot!" Or some variation/combination of the two, along with "leave me alone, go away, and/or drop your weapon!"
I don't get it either. Guess you guys are contagious!!!

I've heard pretty much the opposite. If you tell the bad guy you don't want to shoot, you let him think you're afraid to shoot and encourage him to do something. Better to tell him "I have a gun and I am ready to use it. Go away and leave me alone. I will shoot if I have to."

As soon as you see the gun, you have the right to shoot. First round on target probably wins, so make it yours!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #24

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've been told that "I don't want to shoot" is partly for the benefit of witnesses.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 AM   #25

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I've been told that "I don't want to shoot" is partly for the benefit of witnesses.
You get rid of the witnesses......

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1120 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Thanks for the info. It covers the subject well. I have had several incidences when being legally armed has saved my hide. One of the times, I was walking down the street just after dark, after eating dinner at a local Steak N' Shake, and walked past a bar where there were 4 men standing outside. When I passed them, one of them quickly fell in step a short distance behind me and was walking fast enough to catch up with me in a few more steps. I was wearing a waist-length jacket over a Dan Wesson .45 Long Colt revolver with the 4" barrel attached. When I realized what was happening, I "shrugged" my shoulders high enough to expose the lower half of my gun, as if I was sraightening out my jacket. The guy who was following me made an immediate "to-the-rear march", and returned to the group he came from. Another time, I was on my way home from the same place when a crotch cannibal who apparently wanted to establish a "meaningful relationship" with my butt, obviously didn't know what "Go to hell, you slimey f--k" meant. When he tried to drag me between 2 buildings, I drew my Charter Arms Bulldog Pug with every intention of shooting. He disappeared so fast he could have won the 100-yard douche.
So it works. The only thing that stops some of these retardo's is superior force.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Thanks for the info. It covers the subject well. I have had several incidences when being legally armed has saved my hide. One of the times, I was walking down the street just after dark, after eating dinner at a local Steak N' Shake, and walked past a bar where there were 4 men standing outside. When I passed them, one of them quickly fell in step a short distance behind me and was walking fast enough to catch up with me in a few more steps. I was wearing a waist-length jacket over a Dan Wesson .45 Long Colt revolver with the 4" barrel attached. When I realized what was happening, I "shrugged" my shoulders high enough to expose the lower half of my gun, as if I was sraightening out my jacket. The guy who was following me made an immediate "to-the-rear march", and returned to the group he came from. Another time, I was on my way home from the same place when a crotch cannibal who apparently wanted to establish a "meaningful relationship" with my butt, obviously didn't know what "Go to hell, you slimey f--k" meant. When he tried to drag me between 2 buildings, I drew my Charter Arms Bulldog Pug with every intention of shooting. He disappeared so fast he could have won the 100-yard douche.
So it works. The only thing that stops some of these retardo's is superior force.
If I were you I think I would cease frequenting that Steak & Shake.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 02-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #28

It's reverse logic. You are not dealing with logical people here. If you fan your coat, they know you have a gun. If you say "I have a gun" their logic is your are bluffing. If you say " I am not armed" but you've fanned, their logic says don't mess here as the odds are now even and the guy is not bluffing. Body language says a lot. That's my interpretation of his comment.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #29

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierram37
It's reverse logic. You are not dealing with logical people here. If you fan your coat, they know you have a gun. If you say "I have a gun" their logic is your are bluffing. If you say " I am not armed" but you've fanned, their logic says don't mess here as the odds are now even and the guy is not bluffing. Body language says a lot. That's my interpretation of his comment.
Still doesnt make sense

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1120 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxltd1 View Post
If I were you I think I would cease frequenting that Steak & Shake.
Good advice. I did. I moved from Indianapolis to South Carolina. Much improved environment.