Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Best options for carry without printing (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/best-options-carry-without-printing-87082/)

capnklump 03-21-2013 01:55 PM

Best options for carry without printing

So anyways, I got my CCW a couple weeks ago, & after carrying for awhile in certain places & situations, I notice that I print sometimes if I'm not wearing a shirt that is extremely baggy, even though its a subcompact pistol (Springfield XD-40 sub) & IWB Crossbreed holster. I think the double stack thickness gives it away.. What are your best concealable carry options, balancing the concealable, and power? It would need to be single stack, & I do understand that height of frame is a factor to consider when choosing a firearm for concealed carry. Preferrably in either one of the calibers: 9mm, .40s&w, or .45acp, Thanks

BeyondTheBox 03-22-2013 01:32 AM

I think you're being paranoid. I'm sure plenty carry this gun IWB in same holster.

If you're just looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, you've come to enablers corner m'friend!

Single stack alone should be enough to better conceal. S for what exactly, what do you like? Trigger type? Hammer/hammerless? Safety/non? Long/short? Floating barrel/fixed? All metal... steel, aluminum/polymer?

Rick1967 03-22-2013 01:45 AM

Perhaps a little bigger shirt is in order? I don't wear baggy clothes. I carry mostly outside the waist band. I can hide a full sized 1911 as well as a S&W Sigma or a 629. Perhaps what you call printing would not be noticed by anyone but one of us.

BeyondTheBox 03-22-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1185582)
Perhaps what you call printing would not be noticed by anyone but one of us.

Exactly...!

Dearhunter 03-22-2013 02:15 AM

Get a IPDA shooting vest, they were designed for concealment and fast easy access to your gun.
or use a IWB type holster.

bohunter85 03-22-2013 02:18 AM

Full size 1911 here. I carry at 3-4 o'clock with a forward tilt so the handle is pointing closer to straight up. I don't print on a under armor heat gear t-shirt.

apwvsd40ve 03-22-2013 02:19 AM

While I have not Gotten my ccw yet (plan to fairly soon) ... I understand how you feel. Practicing around my house..i feel as though I am printing ....may def. Be a function of how I am dressed, or perhaps just the fact that I know its there.

ALfiremedic1 03-22-2013 02:23 AM

I would consider carrying for a few more weeks and become more comfortable. Like it was mentioned earlier,only someone who is carrying, notices someone else who is carrying. Unless someone obviously sees a gun or your being careless, most won't know

bohunter85 03-22-2013 02:25 AM

Oh, Sometimes carrying iwb I'll clip my phone over my ccw. And that will give people something to look at if I print accodently

towboater 03-22-2013 02:35 AM

IWB, 4 oclock , forward cant.. The grip lays tightly against me body.