best holster that won't wear...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > best holster that won't wear...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default best holster that won't wear...

down the finish of a gun quick.

I own a glock 17 and I know it's inevitable that ware will come with a holster but which holster won't wear down the finish so fast?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #2

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I once looked at a holster from Frontline ,distributed by 7.62 Precision , who lined their holster with suade or teflon.They seemed to make a nice holster and got great reviews but was not happy with their customer service.I asked the question if they had added a swet shield to one of the holster they make.Not only did It take three weeks to answer the question but the service rep who responded told me in an email that they lined their holster with teflon if you chose that option.So I ended up ordering a holster from Tucker Gunleather .

Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Right now I use a Bravo Concealment DOS. I love it. I have maybe 2k draws from it and no signs of wear(training). I also have their RTT Holster(I think it is from a YouTube channel?) and I use it a lot as well, for field fire and such. So far very happy. I don't think they treat the inside. But i haven't seen any wear yet.

I also won't mind it though, when wear does show. My carry has more than 1 scratch. I train with it and am not as occupied with its looks as much as its dependability. Actually last class I took, an instructor complemented the scratches lol.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

All holsters wear, some just faster than others. If you can find a leather rig that's lined it will be a little slower.
...But hey..I guess that's why there's stuff like Duracoat

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've decided to purchase a n8² tactical, 'professional' holster. When I receive it I'll give everyone an update!

Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs19ad6
I've decided to purchase a n8² tactical, 'professional' holster. When I receive it I'll give everyone an update!
That's exactly what I'd love to hear! Been wanting to get one for sometime but I'd like to hold one first. No one around me carries them for whatever reason. But I've read nothing but great things about them.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #7

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs19ad6
That is the best and most comfortable holster I own!!!! I carry my G35 in a N82 pro tactical. You will love it!!!!

image-3890130666.jpg

Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #8

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs19ad6 View Post
down the finish of a gun quick.

I own a glock 17 and I know it's inevitable that ware will come with a holster but which holster won't wear down the finish so fast?
According to Glock...that will never happen. If you see anything on the gun itself, it's the holster that has worn against the gun, not the gun wearing. Glock finishes do not wear.....(according to Glock). At least that was the case several years ago. If they haven't changed their finishing process I suppose that it still is as "bulletproof". I would contact Glock and ask them if that is the case.