Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   best holster that won't wear... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/best-holster-wont-wear-89055/)

ajs19ad6 04-18-2013 03:30 AM

best holster that won't wear...

down the finish of a gun quick.

I own a glock 17 and I know it's inevitable that ware will come with a holster but which holster won't wear down the finish so fast?

SigArmored 04-18-2013 07:44 AM

I once looked at a holster from Frontline ,distributed by 7.62 Precision , who lined their holster with suade or teflon.They seemed to make a nice holster and got great reviews but was not happy with their customer service.I asked the question if they had added a swet shield to one of the holster they make.Not only did It take three weeks to answer the question but the service rep who responded told me in an email that they lined their holster with teflon if you chose that option.So I ended up ordering a holster from Tucker Gunleather .

activereality 04-18-2013 08:41 AM

Right now I use a Bravo Concealment DOS. I love it. I have maybe 2k draws from it and no signs of wear(training). I also have their RTT Holster(I think it is from a YouTube channel?) and I use it a lot as well, for field fire and such. So far very happy. I don't think they treat the inside. But i haven't seen any wear yet.

I also won't mind it though, when wear does show. My carry has more than 1 scratch. I train with it and am not as occupied with its looks as much as its dependability. Actually last class I took, an instructor complemented the scratches lol.

DrumJunkie 04-18-2013 09:56 AM

All holsters wear, some just faster than others. If you can find a leather rig that's lined it will be a little slower.
...But hey..I guess that's why there's stuff like Duracoat :p

ajs19ad6 04-19-2013 04:09 PM

I've decided to purchase a n8 tactical, 'professional' holster. When I receive it I'll give everyone an update!

thefarmboy21 04-19-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs19ad6
I've decided to purchase a n8 tactical, 'professional' holster. When I receive it I'll give everyone an update!

That's exactly what I'd love to hear! Been wanting to get one for sometime but I'd like to hold one first. No one around me carries them for whatever reason. But I've read nothing but great things about them.

Fathead00 04-19-2013 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs19ad6

That is the best and most comfortable holster I own!!!! I carry my G35 in a N82 pro tactical. You will love it!!!!

Attachment 96945

Missouribound 04-25-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs19ad6 (Post 1217753)
down the finish of a gun quick.

I own a glock 17 and I know it's inevitable that ware will come with a holster but which holster won't wear down the finish so fast?

According to Glock...that will never happen. If you see anything on the gun itself, it's the holster that has worn against the gun, not the gun wearing. Glock finishes do not wear.....(according to Glock). At least that was the case several years ago. If they haven't changed their finishing process I suppose that it still is as "bulletproof". I would contact Glock and ask them if that is the case.