Best gun for CC ??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best gun for CC ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best gun for CC ??

First hello to the Forum ...great site ... but I was thinking of the G 33 or G 27 .. For CC... Anyone carry these ?? And if so your thoughts would be great ...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Welcome to FTF. The 27 seems to be a popular choice for cc. Easy to conceal, good stopping power and the reliability of a glock.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2128 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 634

The one you will carry. A 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the drawer. A lot of people go for one gun or another based on what other people think. It is your gun, it is personal and you have to be willing to train with it and carry it. Do not buy more gun than you can shoot accurately with. Do not buy a gun that is hard to control. Do not buy a gun that fits poorly. Do not buy a gun that does not point naturally. A gun is near useless if you can not shoot well and quickly with it. As I have gotten older, I have had to rethink my carry. I can still shoot a 45 well but a 9mm is faster and easier. I am not a police officer and dont plan on chasing down criminals. I do plan on defending myself should the need arise again. If you can handle a 45 great but dont let bravado make your decision.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #4

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Try to finf a nearby range that rents guns and try em out.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #5

Thank you guys great info ..

Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #6

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Unless you're dead set on glock check out ruger's LC family. I have an LC9 and greatly enjoy it. I still prefer full size pistols but there are times I just can't carry that large.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was carrying a 1911 and found myself leaving it at home more and more. Then I got a kahr cm9 that fits in my pocket and its always with me. As TJT said, try to make sure whatever you get is easy to carry. It won't do you any good at home or in the glove box

Old 10-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It all has to do with what gun fits YOU the best. If you've never shot a glock you need to try one before spending the money on one. I'm not saying that they aren't great guns, I just prefer something different. I'm not a "fanboy" of any particular type or brand but I do know what I like to shoot and can shoot well. Springfield XD or a 1911 works great for me.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #9

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

A bazooka is quite intimidating. No one can tell you what the best gun for you to conceal might be. Guns I can carry easily would drive most people nuts. By the same token if I had to carry a Glock I would trade it for a $15 Cold Steel knife. At least the knife won't shoot me before I get it out of the sheath.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The one you will carry. A 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the drawer. A lot of people go for one gun or another based on what other people think. It is your gun, it is personal and you have to be willing to train with it and carry it. Do not buy more gun than you can shoot accurately with. Do not buy a gun that is hard to control. Do not buy a gun that fits poorly. Do not buy a gun that does not point naturally. A gun is near useless if you can not shoot well and quickly with it. As I have gotten older, I have had to rethink my carry. I can still shoot a 45 well but a 9mm is faster and easier. I am not a police officer and dont plan on chasing down criminals. I do plan on defending myself should the need arise again. If you can handle a 45 great but dont let bravado make your decision.
Amen! I am a LEO with over 30 years on the street and have been a firearms instructor for more years than I care to admit! And what he said is right on.
It is totality of the circumstance:
1. Chose a PPD (Personal Protection Device/handgun) you WILL carry. To many folks get hung up in the 'bigger is better' mess and chose a 'big' gun they eventually find to be to much trouble to carry.
2. Hit probability is the MOST important consideration when choosing a PPD you will carry!!! As we would tell the 'smaller (usually female) recruits "A hit with 38 is better than a miss with a 357"! As stated above carry the one you can shoot the best.
3. It has been shown that if you use the BEST SD ammo available today there is no realistic difference in the 9mm, 357 Sig/Mag, 40 S&W, 45 ACP/GAP/Colt (less than 5% difference in the permanent wound cavities from the worst to the best with the BEST SD ammo out there today) to stop an aggressive human attacker. So the caliber is not as as big of an issue as many make it.
4. Also, if you are new to this I recommend you start with a revolver not a auto. They are much simpler and safe to operate. There is not need for the extensive training we go through to address the 'failure to fire' issues common with the semi-autos and they are safer because they are simpler to operate.
Hope this helped.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

axxe55 Likes This