Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Best gun for CC ?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/best-gun-cc-75127/)

Graphixman 10-27-2012 02:12 AM

Best gun for CC ??

First hello to the Forum ...great site ... but I was thinking of the G 33 or G 27 .. For CC... Anyone carry these ?? And if so your thoughts would be great ...

mountainman13 10-27-2012 03:23 AM

Welcome to FTF. The 27 seems to be a popular choice for cc. Easy to conceal, good stopping power and the reliability of a glock.

JTJ 10-27-2012 04:53 AM

The one you will carry. A 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the drawer. A lot of people go for one gun or another based on what other people think. It is your gun, it is personal and you have to be willing to train with it and carry it. Do not buy more gun than you can shoot accurately with. Do not buy a gun that is hard to control. Do not buy a gun that fits poorly. Do not buy a gun that does not point naturally. A gun is near useless if you can not shoot well and quickly with it. As I have gotten older, I have had to rethink my carry. I can still shoot a 45 well but a 9mm is faster and easier. I am not a police officer and dont plan on chasing down criminals. I do plan on defending myself should the need arise again. If you can handle a 45 great but dont let bravado make your decision.

phildenton 10-27-2012 05:49 AM

Try to finf a nearby range that rents guns and try em out.

Graphixman 10-27-2012 06:11 AM

Thank you guys great info ..

potentialglock 10-28-2012 08:17 PM

Unless you're dead set on glock check out ruger's LC family. I have an LC9 and greatly enjoy it. I still prefer full size pistols but there are times I just can't carry that large.

jimogden1984 10-28-2012 09:18 PM

I was carrying a 1911 and found myself leaving it at home more and more. Then I got a kahr cm9 that fits in my pocket and its always with me. As TJT said, try to make sure whatever you get is easy to carry. It won't do you any good at home or in the glove box

GNXtreme 10-29-2012 07:39 PM

It all has to do with what gun fits YOU the best. If you've never shot a glock you need to try one before spending the money on one. I'm not saying that they aren't great guns, I just prefer something different. I'm not a "fanboy" of any particular type or brand but I do know what I like to shoot and can shoot well. Springfield XD or a 1911 works great for me.

Old_Crow 10-30-2012 05:02 AM

A bazooka is quite intimidating. No one can tell you what the best gun for you to conceal might be. Guns I can carry easily would drive most people nuts. By the same token if I had to carry a Glock I would trade it for a $15 Cold Steel knife. At least the knife won't shoot me before I get it out of the sheath.

JimRau 10-30-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 991384)
The one you will carry. A 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the drawer. A lot of people go for one gun or another based on what other people think. It is your gun, it is personal and you have to be willing to train with it and carry it. Do not buy more gun than you can shoot accurately with. Do not buy a gun that is hard to control. Do not buy a gun that fits poorly. Do not buy a gun that does not point naturally. A gun is near useless if you can not shoot well and quickly with it. As I have gotten older, I have had to rethink my carry. I can still shoot a 45 well but a 9mm is faster and easier. I am not a police officer and dont plan on chasing down criminals. I do plan on defending myself should the need arise again. If you can handle a 45 great but dont let bravado make your decision.

Amen! I am a LEO with over 30 years on the street and have been a firearms instructor for more years than I care to admit!:eek: And what he said is right on.
It is totality of the circumstance:
1. Chose a PPD (Personal Protection Device/handgun):D you WILL carry. To many folks get hung up in the 'bigger is better' mess and chose a 'big' gun they eventually find to be to much trouble to carry.
2. Hit probability is the MOST important consideration when choosing a PPD you will carry!!! As we would tell the 'smaller (usually female) recruits "A hit with 38 is better than a miss with a 357"! As stated above carry the one you can shoot the best.
3. It has been shown that if you use the BEST SD ammo available today there is no realistic difference in the 9mm, 357 Sig/Mag, 40 S&W, 45 ACP/GAP/Colt (less than 5% difference in the permanent wound cavities from the worst to the best with the BEST SD ammo out there today) to stop an aggressive human attacker. So the caliber is not as as big of an issue as many make it.
4. Also, if you are new to this I recommend you start with a revolver not a auto. They are much simpler and safe to operate. There is not need for the extensive training we go through to address the 'failure to fire' issues common with the semi-autos and they are safer because they are simpler to operate.
Hope this helped.:)