Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I carry a Glock 27. I love my .40s&w. But when I wake up with a paranoid mind I carry my Glock 30. Nothing like having the big dog with you. .45 acp is what I am talking about.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #112

The BEST concealed carry weapon is one that one are proficient with, has the power to stop the attacker, and is still cocealable. My choice is a S&W 66-2, in 2-1/2", loaded with Hydrashoks. When I don't feel like carrying this large an off-duty weapon, I carry a double-barrel derringer, chambered for 45 LC/.410 (1 of each in tubes!!)
I have been an officer for 27 years, and still like wheelguns, even though I carry a Colt Combat Commander 45acp on duty.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmons View Post
When I need something smaller, I fall back on a Glock 17 9mm. For even more concealed carry, a Bersa Thunder .380 does the job.

I am a big boy, so concealment is rarely a problem.

I carry the Thunder and have abslute faith in it

When outnumbered 2 to 1.
Shoot twice!

Gopher

Old 08-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #114

Default Best carry?

Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special. You only have five shots, but each one packs a whallop. I incidently have the 4" target version with alloy frame. Very light and with Pachmyer grips it is a jewel.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
The BEST concealed carry weapon is one that one are proficient with, has the power to stop the attacker, and is still cocealable. My choice is a S&W 66-2, in 2-1/2", loaded with Hydrashoks. When I don't feel like carrying this large an off-duty weapon, I carry a double-barrel derringer, chambered for 45 LC/.410 (1 of each in tubes!!)
I have been an officer for 27 years, and still like wheelguns, even though I carry a Colt Combat Commander 45acp on duty.
".....ain't no law around here lawdog....savy!" One of my favorite movie quotes, just under..." by all means move! "

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
What is the best gun to carry concealed?
The one that conceals the best Seriously! Also, carry the handgun that you are the most able to control, shoot accurately, and operate quickly and efficiently. Some like a full size double stack 1911. I can't conceal the grip as well as my single stack. Some like hi cap handguns, period. Because of the above mentioned reason, I carry a single stack with two spare mags. It's easier for me to conceal one single stack pistol and two spare mags than it is the thick grip of a double stack. Also, don't get too caught up in the caliber game either, shoot the caliber that you can handle and shoot the best. A .45 will do you no good if the recoil doesn't allow you to obtain quick follow up shots. Your best bet (if possible) is to try out several different sizes and calibers. Some gun shops rent guns for a few dollars. Most manufacturers have the same gun in different calibers. Try 'em all! When you find the design and caliber that works, you'll know it. It'll just feel right. You'll get that warm and fuzzy feeling! Everyone will have some great ideas and suggestions, but everyone's body size and shape, strength, etc. will be different. Only YOU can tell YOU what the best carry gun is for YOU. Good luck.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #117

I currently carry a Ruger Security Six 2.5 inch barrel for my CCW. Have a X5 Comp at work.

Not a fan of revolvers but my Sig Competition is WAY too big for the belt.. I will be trying out a P239 Sig This week and will probably go with that. .357 most likely.
Getting it in Tutone. Anyone have one of these? I hear only good things about them.

Handgun of Choice-Sig X5 Competition
Rifle of Choice- FS2000

http://cueandcushion.com

Old 08-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #118

Default Para LDA

I carry the Para LDA .45 CCW. Granted it is a little heavy but I use a Galco Skyops inside the pants holster. Works very well and very concealable.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I've never owned one but always been fond of the Walther PPK. Anyone carry one?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=9
I have one. POS. Get over it.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dirt View Post
I have one. POS. Get over it.
Carried operationally a Walther PP 7.65mm for six months some years ago, no problem whatsoever, super pocket pistol................