Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best conceal carry location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best conceal carry location

In your opinion where on the body is the best location to carry for protection purposes?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Best Consealed location?

Hello Drak/All

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'm Like a few others here, "OLD SCHOOL" most of the year, I go carry strong side with a leather side holster and a cocked and locked BHP or 1911A1! In extreme heat waves, I drop down to a PA-63, with Hollow Points and carry strong side or small of the back, even in shorts, only 1 spare mag!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 AM   #3

I find that the cross-draw and a shoulder-rig works best for me...It's comfortable in a vehicle and when on my feet for a time...I do too much reaching on my strong-side that might invite a peek at my hardware..

Old 06-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #4

I would have to say definetly on my strong side, cocked with safty on in my holster under my pants for concealment!!! If not and its really hot or im in a rush, i stick it in the small of my back, mexican style, no holster...

Old 06-18-2007, 03:37 PM   #5

I suggest and teach to carry on your strong side between 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock.

No matter WHERE you decide to carry your weapon, it is vital that you train consistantly from that position. Almost invariably, under stress, a shooter will react (good or bad) exactly as he/she has trained.

I carry a Springfield Armory 1911 EMP "Cocked and Locked" on my strong side (3 O'Clock) in a Don Hume I.W.B. Concealment Holster, with two spare magazines in my weakside rear pocket loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT ammo, a SureFire Lumamax L1 Flashlight in my weakside front pocket, a Cold Steel Recon 1 - Spear Point Fighting Folder in my strong side front pocket and a head full of knowledge backed with a good combat mindset!

Last edited by ChrisMoore; 06-18-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #6

Chris, did you serve in the military?

Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb View Post
Chris, did you serve in the military?
Yes. In the Marine Corps.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #8

Default This sounds silly!!!

Well I don't know if I can top what our protector of Freedom, Chris said, but I carry mine in the small of my back. It takes a little getting used to, but as Chris said you need to practice. I would choose the position that is most comfortable to you. And try many different ones. Not everyone has the same draw or shooting style. Hope this helps.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #9

I find that 3:30-4:00 strong side works best for me. Depending on what I'm carrying it's in a Fobus OWB paddle holser or a Kholster IWB.

We can't stop here...this is bat country.

Μολὼν λάβε
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Old 06-21-2009, 04:00 AM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

IWB, 1 o'clock in an Uncle Mike's soft-side clip-on. You just can't get it to print, and it's the quickest draw you can set up.