Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (
-   -   Best conceal carry location (

drakkon 06-17-2007 07:22 PM

Best conceal carry location
In your opinion where on the body is the best location to carry for protection purposes?

RONSERESURPLUS 06-18-2007 12:10 AM

Best Consealed location?
Hello Drak/All

I'm Like a few others here, "OLD SCHOOL" most of the year, I go carry strong side with a leather side holster and a cocked and locked BHP or 1911A1! In extreme heat waves, I drop down to a PA-63, with Hollow Points and carry strong side or small of the back, even in shorts, only 1 spare mag!

Varro 06-18-2007 02:34 AM

I find that the cross-draw and a shoulder-rig works best for me...It's comfortable in a vehicle and when on my feet for a time...I do too much reaching on my strong-side that might invite a peek at my hardware..:)

bernardo 06-18-2007 01:20 PM

I would have to say definetly on my strong side, cocked with safty on in my holster under my pants for concealment!!! If not and its really hot or im in a rush, i stick it in the small of my back, mexican style, no holster...

ChrisMoore 06-18-2007 03:37 PM

I suggest and teach to carry on your strong side between 12 O'clock and 6 O'clock.

No matter WHERE you decide to carry your weapon, it is vital that you train consistantly from that position. Almost invariably, under stress, a shooter will react (good or bad) exactly as he/she has trained.

I carry a Springfield Armory 1911 EMP "Cocked and Locked" on my strong side (3 O'Clock) in a Don Hume I.W.B. Concealment Holster, with two spare magazines in my weakside rear pocket loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT ammo, a SureFire Lumamax L1 Flashlight in my weakside front pocket, a Cold Steel Recon 1 - Spear Point Fighting Folder in my strong side front pocket and a head full of knowledge backed with a good combat mindset!

jerryb 06-21-2007 11:54 PM

Chris, did you serve in the military?

ChrisMoore 06-22-2007 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by jerryb (Post 3316)
Chris, did you serve in the military?

Yes. In the Marine Corps.

p11shooter 06-20-2009 03:00 PM

This sounds silly!!!
Well I don't know if I can top what our protector of Freedom, Chris said, but I carry mine in the small of my back. It takes a little getting used to, but as Chris said you need to practice. I would choose the position that is most comfortable to you. And try many different ones. Not everyone has the same draw or shooting style. Hope this helps.

Stealie 06-20-2009 10:29 PM

I find that 3:30-4:00 strong side works best for me. Depending on what I'm carrying it's in a Fobus OWB paddle holser or a Kholster IWB.

gorknoids 06-21-2009 04:00 AM

IWB, 1 o'clock in an Uncle Mike's soft-side clip-on. You just can't get it to print, and it's the quickest draw you can set up.