Best conceal carry guns ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best conceal carry guns ?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I carried a Colt Commander Light Weight for years but always had trouble in the summer months with keeping it concealed. I had one of the early custom jobs till the rail cracked and then went to a Detonics .45 for a while. When Colt came out with their cut down I went to it, but didn't feel I was getting the accuracy necessary. I tried the small SIG when it came out but was always less proficient with it based on how it fit my hand. I settled on first the Glock 30 and later the 36 (especially in the summer) but have just switched to Springfield Armory's XD-S and now have the gun I wish I'd had when I started carrying in 1970.

The pattern? They were all .45ACP. Having had the experience of seeing the effect of 9MM, or lack thereof, on live targets, I would much rather carry a .45. If it was not a concealed situation, I would rather have a short barrel (but legal) 12 gauge.

I don't want to kill anyone but I do want them to stop doing what they were doing when it made it legal for me to shoot them, and I want them to do it immediately. I would rather not be shot again.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

I'd say the current faves are S&W Shield 9mm or 40S&W and the Springfield XDS. Both are very hard to find due to popularity.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Last edited by Squawk; 02-17-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #23

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm an old man and severely arthritic. Magnum recoil is too much for my hands, and +P in a featherweight .38 Special is painful to shoot and tough to re-index for a fast second shot. On the other hand, I prefer revolvers for several carefully researched and thought-out reasons; so I carry an all-steel J-frame Smith & Wesson .38 Special loaded with +P ammo. I've carried this combination for over ten years and can shoot it comfortably.

I'm the son of a fine journalist. Keep up your research and don't let anyone dissuade you.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette

Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #24

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I like my beretta px4 subcompact and my taurus 24/7 compact g2 45

Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Resurrected a two year old thread. I guess I get to be the one to put a bullet in the brain of this zombie.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Closed Thread