Best conceal carry guns ? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Best conceal carry guns ?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
I like my Walther PPS!
+2
Actually, I REALLY like BOTH of my Walther PPS's. I bought the 9mm expecting recoil to be snappy on the .40 Cal. After realizing how amazing the little 9mm handles, I picked up the .40 Cal anyway. I won't be parting with either of these. The .40 is more of the carry and the 9mm is more of my cheaper range practice though both find themselves in either/or role. These are the golden standard of semi-auto CCW pistols, IMO. They are a little pricey however.

As for the OP: The simple answer seems to be the largest, most dependable weapon you will actually carry daily. In the end, you're going to have to do a lot of trial and error on which CCW is best. Most people would recommend renting these trial weapons over buying them. Most likely you will find that your tastes, perceptions and skills change and select another weapon later down the road. You will also find that 1 gun will not perfectly fill all roles for your carry needs. You may eventually buy into the 1911 craze and/or you may not find it fits you very well. I did both at one time and still like the 1911 platform for what it is, though I don't carry one. You may decide that the uber reliable revolver platform helps ease your mind. I wouldn't give mine up anytime soon. There are too many factors to adequately discuss in a paragraph here. Hopefully finding what fits you is an enjoyable experience. Hopefully it is a lifetime experience and you don't get steered away from it by being overwhelmed. I recommend a little reading of Massad Ayoob. He is probably the one most sought experts to help guide you into getting started: Amazon.com: The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry (9780896896116): Massad Ayoob: Books
Hope that helps a little.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 06-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I have both the Ruger LCP and the Ruger LCR (357) and interchange which one I carry in my pocket.

They each have their own advantages...
LCR (revolver won't jam, much bigger stopping power)
LCP (lighter, smaller and most concealable)

I end up carrying the LCP more often because it's just easier to carry. If I were going somewhere I thought could be more dangerous or any more potential then I'd upgrade to my 357 LCR (and maybe take my speedloaders too)... I generally wouldn't go to any known dangerous areas though on purpose. In that case that we're not talking everyday conceal and carry, then I'd get out the really big guns. LOL

I'm not interested in carrying what won't fit in my front pocket and the LCR just makes it and I can carry it fine, but it is noticably 25% more bulky and 25% heavier, but still only 1 pound. The LCP is the everyday easy carry though and if I could only have just 1 to carry everyday, I'd choose the smaller LCP. I never even notice it being there even when I'm out for many hours.

I use Remington Golden Sabre 380 ACP ammo for the LCP which has nice adequate stopping power for such a small gun. I use Remington Golden Sabre 357 for the LCR and I like the smaller 125 grain of that ammo because it reduces recoil. Combined with the hogue grip, it works really nice to have managable recoil, but with BIG stopping power.

My wallet is a thin tri-fold, so you see how easy it is to carry the LCP...

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Last edited by Marthor; 06-11-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #13

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

IMO, IF I were to cater to criminals by tailoring my purchasing to

CC, specifically, I would be looking for a hammerless snub-nose

revolver,

probably in 38 special, like a Cobra or S&W...

Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

A small concealable one I carry as back-up is the Rugers LCP 380.

ruger-lcp-380.jpg  

Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #15

I personally carry a 1911, but my first was an XD .40 full size. I usually switch up between the two. There are so many out there. I have thought about getting a .380 and/or 9mm in a smaller size, especialy for CC in Texas heat (summer) months.

It all depends on the user preference of type, style (sa v. revolver), size(very important) how and where you will carry it and so forth.

There is literally over 100 options easily for one to choose from. I can't say which one is better than another, because IMO it depends on the user. I am currently happy with what I have, but definitely want a summer carry gun!!

Also, the type of holster you get depends on what type of gun you like/want to carry as well. Do you like IWB, OWB, Paddle, Belt, Ankle (for a backup), Purse carry, fannypack, or backpack carry. Again, depends on user.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2562 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

My favorite is the Model 27 Glock since it is a light weight 40 cal pistol. I carry it in a De Santis Apache Ankle Holster on my left ankle. The holster faces to my right on my left leg. So all I need to do is pull up my pant leg with my left hand while lifting my leg. Which exposes the pistol for a right hand draw. My wife has a Browning BDA 380 that she carries in a hidden purse pocket which has a Velcro closure. I prefer to carry a little larger caliber due to stopping power. So I carry a 40 Cal S&W Caliber Model 27 Glock as stated above. I also have the magazine extension on it to give me one additional round over the standard rounds and also gives the old pinky finger support on the grip rather than dangling in air below the pistols grip.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Why are you writing an article when you know nothing about the subject matter and it's totally academic since you can't use the info in your country anyway? If you don't care about peoples personal favorites but just want to know what sells well buy a copy of "Guns & Ammo Guide to Concealed Carry Weapons" or whatever they're calling it this quarter. They probably have the exact same article which you can just rehash for wherever you're writing for.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Why are you writing an article when you know nothing about the subject matter...
Journalists write on subjects they don't know all the time. What they are trained to do is ask questions, like he did here.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
My favorite is the Model 27 Glock since it is a light weight 40 cal pistol. I carry it in a De Santis Apache Ankle Holster on my left ankle. The holster faces to my right on my left leg. So all I need to do is pull up my pant leg with my left hand while lifting my leg. Which exposes the pistol for a right hand draw. My wife has a Browning BDA 380 that she carries in a hidden purse pocket which has a Velcro closure. I prefer to carry a little larger caliber due to stopping power. So I carry a 40 Cal S&W Caliber Model 27 Glock as stated above. I also have the magazine extension on it to give me one additional round over the standard rounds and also gives the old pinky finger support on the grip rather than dangling in air below the pistols grip.

I agree!!! ^^^^^^^ I love my glock 27 40cal i carry it almost everyday in my BlackHawk holster! Great conceal carry gun i recommend it for anyone who wants a small light weight pistol! Some will bash on the glock because they are ( UNSAFE) BULL ****!! its the people who are unsafe. the only way a glock will go off is if you physically pull the trigger. or if your an idiot and use a holster that could possibly get into the trigger guard and hit the trigger.

Sniper 03 your a good guy i look forward to reading your posts ever night.

My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and go what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Looking to write a short article on the favorites when it comes to conceal carry. I have no personal opinion since we aren't allowed to conceal carry in Canada.

I want to hear not what your personal favorites are, but what the general public feels and what's been proven effective through time, testing, and sales !

thanks !
The question you are asking is the one people have when it comes to Chevy vs. Ford. Everyone has there own personal choice. Good luck.

Closed Thread